Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 90

  • Mary Jo Kohunsky
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2000
      I scored a 4.0 on entry 1 and a 4.25 on entry 2. My videos were more challenging for me....entry 3 was my lowest with a 2.25, and entry 4 made it through with a 3.625.

      For entry two, show a variety of assesment tools, show progress from beginning of the unit to the end of the unit, and carefully track how each assessment measured student acheivement on the identified goals. Involve the students in creating the assessments, if possible. Limit the number of goals you will measure with these assessments.

      Entry 2 -- show a variety of activities in which students are actively engaged, include student-designed activities if possible.

      I hope this helps.
      Mary Jo in MO

      <<< <EASCI@egroups.com> 12/11 4:51p >>>

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. entry 1 and entry 2
      From: pgdb77@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:50:03 -0000
      From: pgdb77@...
      Subject: entry 1 and entry 2

      All you newly NBC science teachers--Any advice on Entries 1 and 2. I
      at first thought these 2 entries would be "simplier" than the video
      entries. Now that I have started working on these entries, I find
      that they are more complicated than the video entries. How did you
      score on entries 1 and 2 compared with the video entries? Any help
      would be appreciated.
      Pamela

    • Robert Mikell
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2000
        Mary Jo:
        Wow, you go girl!!!!! Those are the highest 2 scores on any EA/SCIENCE entry I have seen or heard about so far. Can I send you a plane ticket to Philadelphia, Mississippi, where you can become a mentor? Anyway, when you say get the students involved in the assessments, do you mean like peer-tutoring or what? Can you give me some more
        examples on that one? Do you think a Pre-Test would go for 1 on the assessments and what about an oral exam? I have a dyslexic? student that I administer assessments to orally. Any ideas on where I can find an external mic for my camcorder? Enough, already. Congratulations and God Bless and please respond. Thanks for helping out!!!!
        Mr. Mikell
      • Ann Doornbos
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2000
          I scored 2.25 on entry 1, 4.25 on 2, 3.5 on 3 and 3 on 4. Why? I have no
          idea even after looking at the score and entries, etc agian. For #2 I used
          three total differnt types of assessment an individual, a group where they
          had to draw a invent, build and draw an animal tthat could survive in a
          certain biome, and a team/pair performance based assessment . For #3 I
          introduced Burnoli's Principal with demonstrations and had the kids discuss
          and predict what would happen in certain situations 5t was almost like a
          magic show where I showed them how it was done after they predicted, I also
          let them try some of the demonstrations. For #1 I used inquiry based
          Science I even had then working on computers so I have no idea.
          ann