Re: [EASCI] VIDEOTAPING

  • Janet Doughty
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2000
      Now that I know I 'made it', I can answer this question. I used a videocam
      on a tripod for both of the tapes I ended up using. Entry 4 was my best.
      After taping a couple of classes (and rearranging some seating areas so that
      it looked like I had students in my room besides the one small group!) I
      just let the camera run during a data gathering lab. I used a remote wired
      microphone taped to the wall beside the table. The taped portion I ended up
      using actually started before the official lesson did because the students'
      conversation about their project was so interesting. I found that just
      letting the camera run at odd intervals worked better than having someone
      else come in. My students became used to the videocam (we used some of the
      tapes to review labs) and the tapes I made this way looked more like classes
      than the two that I had help with. Good Luck!

      >From: "MR. MIKELL" <rmikell2@...>
      >To: EASCI@egroups.com
      >Subject: [EASCI] VIDEOTAPING
      >Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 18:37:31 -0000
      >
      >I am currently working on videotaping my classrooms. I am trying to
      >videotape a small group for Entry 4. Does anyone have any
      >suggestions as to how I can get this done on my own. I can't find
      >anyone willing to tape for me, so I am having to use a tripod only.
      >Thanks for any and all help. GOD BLESS!!!
      >MR. MIKELL

    • Yvette Laughlin
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2000
        I set up a tripod in my room also. I then asked a student from one of my
        other classes to come in and videotape for me. Since it was on a tripod, the
        student simply scanned the room and zoomed in on different students at
        various times. This worked great. It was one of my highest scores. Best
        Wishes.
        Patricia Laughlin, NBCT

        > I am currently working on videotaping my classrooms. I am trying to
        > videotape a small group for Entry 4. Does anyone have any
        > suggestions as to how I can get this done on my own. I can't find
        > anyone willing to tape for me, so I am having to use a tripod only.
        > Thanks for any and all help. GOD BLESS!!!
        > MR. MIKELL

      • Robert Mikell
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2000
          Patricia:
          CONGRATULATIONS on being an NBCT!!!! Thanks for the quick reply and positive
          input on the videotaping. My kids seem to be clamming up the more I videotape.
          I have been videotaping all year since August. I hope this trend does not
          continue. Can I ask you for any other advice if needed? I am having a little
          trouble on Entries 3 and 4 as to what to cover in subject matter. Anyway,
          thanks for the advice and GOD BLESS!!
          MR. MIKELL rmikell2@...
        • Anthony Cody
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2000