Re: committee - Entry 5

  • Mary Jo Kohunsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2000
      I'd definitely use this, as long as you can show that kids benefitted. Did the teachers in the schools you worked with learn new strategies, new standards? Everything seems to depend on how you can prove that kids are better off for your having been on this committee.
      I am a candidate in waiting, so my advice must be taken with that in mind.
      Mary Jo in MO

      <<< <EASCI@egroups.com> 9/ 3 5:53a >>>

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. NBPTS Entry #5
      From: pgdb77@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 16:49:53 -0000
      From: pgdb77@...
      Subject: NBPTS Entry #5

      Do you think that serving as the chairman of the Science Committee
      for SACS (Southern Associatiion of Colleges and Schools)
      Accreditation would be an acceptable activity for Entry 5? It was an
      on-going process over 3 to 4 years. I have served as a mentor for a
      new teacher during his first teaching year. I went through 2 weeks
      of all day training in a mentor program to become qualified as a
      mentor. Would this activitiy be appropriate? I have also earned my
      M.Ed. and my Ed.S. degree with an ESOL (English-Speakers of other
      Languages) certificate. Should I use these in an Entry? What do you
      think?
      P. Barnett