Re: Going it alone???

  • mrbadclams
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
      --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, Tina Kammer <tmk2950@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the advice, Stephanie. I will keep trying to find at
      least one.

      > Tina
      >
      > Stephanie Stipkovich <stipko@...> wrote:
      > Although it may be possible, it certainly will be more
      difficult. Why take the chance? Get a couple really good mentors. I
      am not available but by posting on here and on other NBCT Yahoo
      groups, I'm sure you can find a few. I strongly recommend it.

      > Stephanie Stipkovich

      I went it alone with no mentor, just my info. packet from NBPTS.
      Either you can you do it or you can't. I passed on my first try with
      no trouble.
      Professor 113
    • Stephanie Stipkovich
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2007
        <<Either you can you do it or you can't.>>

        I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with this statement. Some may be able to do it on their own, but you are the minority. Most need the mentoring. I tried to do it almost on my own my first try and missed the mark. After having the help of several mentors (2 that were spectacular) I saw the light and it made all the difference. In speaking to many others, this seems to be the norm.

        Stephanie Stipkovich