Re: [EASCI] Where Do I start

  • Emily Dixon
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
      Well, I started on Entry 4.  Then I worked on taping my videos.  I think I taped about 25 lessons or so...maybe more.  I gathered stuff all year long and then over spring break put everything together.  I hope this helps.  I haven't found out if I made it yet...so, you may not want to take much advice from me.  Good Luck!
      Ella <ellabowling@...> wrote:
      I am starting my certification in EA Science, but I really don't know
      where to start. The information is very overwhelming and I would
      appreciate all the help I can get....Any suggestions?

    • Jeanne Elliott
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007

        Ella, start by reading your standards over and over and over.  Know them well.  Pick out buzz words.  These are the words that are used often in the standards that you know that the assessors will be looking for.  I started with entry 1 around October of the year I began.  I chose a unit I wanted to feature and collected many students work from several activities.

        It is overwhelming to begin.  Organize yourself with maybe a folder or composition for each entry and when working in your classroom or reading a magazine and something looks good to use or an idea comes to you, write it down.

        Good Luck!!

        Jeanne

        NBCT 2006

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
          Greetings, I am also starting in EA Science. I haven't been assigned a
          mentor, but I have attended the writing seminar. I am currently working
          on Entry 4 (as suggested at the meeting.)I am more nervous than
          anything. Would anyone be interested in the major ideas I plan to use
          in this entry?
        • Emily Dixon