RE: [EASCI] Re: Assessment Center

  • Sara Sara
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2007
      The test was very stressful and I was a nervous wreck after I finished.  The one text book I did not read up on, and I had it but never took the time to read, my second question came straight from 6th grade science.
      Good look,  time yourself.  30 minutes feels like 5 and know the promps by memory.  I knew the 6 but still caught myself reading what a 4 required.  I think now that I have experienced the pressure and the format of the assessment, I would do better next time.
      SS

      To: EASCI@yahoogroups.com
      From: skirksizemore@...
      Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:44:20 +0000
      Subject: [EASCI] Re: Assessment Center

      How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
      June.
      Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

      > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
      NB
      > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
      for
      > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
      > SARA
      > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
      kind
      > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
      > >
      > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
      have
      > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
      > >
      > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
      resource
      > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
      in
      > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

    • Shawn Sizemore
      Message 2 of 10 , May 10, 2007
        Sara, what do you mean, I know the promps by memory?  You knew what six?  I'm sorry.  I feel clueless.  Were all areas on there?

        To: EASCI@yahoogroups. com
        From: skirksizemore@ yahoo.com
        Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:44:20 +0000

        How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
        June.
        Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

        > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
        NB
        > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
        for
        > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
        > SARA
        > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
        kind
        > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
        > >
        > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
        have
        > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
        > >
        > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
        resource
        > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
        in
        > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

        Need Mail bonding?

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      • Sara Sara
        Message 3 of 10 , May 11, 2007
          When you move through the 6 parts of the assessment center, it will explain what will meet a 4.  I spent time re-reading this information and it took time away from my typing of the answer. I had downloaded this information prior to the assessment and should have been more familiar with this info. The scientific method-understand everything a student needs to know and understand when conducting an experiment. Also
          Basic vocabulary- and time yourself.  It's freaky or at least it was for me.  I had practiced the tutorial twice.
          Good luck,
          ss

          To: EASCI@yahoogroups.com

          From: skirksizemore@ yahoo.com
          Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:44:20 +0000

          How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
          June.
          Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

          > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
          NB
          > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
          for
          > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
          > SARA
          > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
          kind
          > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
          > >
          > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
          have
          > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
          > >
          > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
          resource
          > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
          in
          > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

          Need Mail bonding?

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

          Add some color. Personalize your inbox with your favorite colors. Try it!