Re: [EASCI] Assessment Center, Assessment Center, Assessment Center

  • Shawn Sizemore
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2007
      Thanks.  Good luck.  Any further suggestions, let me know.
      Shawn

      Rita Lander <landerr71@...> wrote:
      My test is June 5. I was told to read and study old textbooks. I also bought the Praxis book to study for middle school science. It has been helpful. You can order it from either Amazon or Barnes and NOble. It is my understanding the test covers all sciences for this certificate. The high school science is the one that is a specialty. I hope this helps.

      Rita Lander

      skirksizemore <skirksizemore@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Any suggestions on what to study? General topics? Any help is
      appreciated. I test June 6.
      Shawn

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

    • Jeanne Elliott
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2007
        For common misconceptions, I used my science textbook and I searched for common science misconceptions on the internet.

      • tanyatebanks@cs.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2007
          good luck,  I studied the rubric and used the tutorial online at the site to get ideas of how the questions would be worded / correlated to the rubric.  I will tell you each type of science plus inquiry questions can be expected.  I used NSTA's Pathways book ( see on line)  for "Big Ideas" and summaries.  I borrowed a book from my high school science supervisor  but don't remember the name.  I did however prepare myself with general knowledge of all major Strands of science:    Environmental,
          Life Science,  Earth and Physical Science.

          hope that helps,  good luck

          te