Assessment Center, Assessment Center, Assessment Center

  • skirksizemore
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28 8:46 PM
      Any suggestions on what to study? General topics? Any help is
      appreciated. I test June 6.
      Shawn
    • Rita Lander
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29 10:03 AM
        My test is June 5. I was told to read and study old textbooks. I also bought the Praxis book to study for middle school science. It has been helpful. You can order it from either Amazon or Barnes and NOble. It is my understanding the test covers all sciences for this certificate. The high school science is the one that is a specialty. I hope this helps.

        Rita Lander

        skirksizemore <skirksizemore@...> wrote:
        Any suggestions on what to study? General topics? Any help is
        appreciated. I test June 6.
        Shawn

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      • Shawn Sizemore

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29 8:15 PM
            For common misconceptions, I used my science textbook and I searched for common science misconceptions on the internet.

          • tanyatebanks@cs.com
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2007
              good luck,  I studied the rubric and used the tutorial online at the site to get ideas of how the questions would be worded / correlated to the rubric.  I will tell you each type of science plus inquiry questions can be expected.  I used NSTA's Pathways book ( see on line)  for "Big Ideas" and summaries.  I borrowed a book from my high school science supervisor  but don't remember the name.  I did however prepare myself with general knowledge of all major Strands of science:    Environmental,
              Life Science,  Earth and Physical Science.

              hope that helps,  good luck

              te