Entry 5

  • pgdb77@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
      How many items did you use to complete Entry 5? I am not sure if 2
      would be sufficient. Also, what type of activities did you use for
      Entry 5?
      Thanks, Pam
    • pinkalls@midusa.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18 2:35 PM
        I have presented at some conferences over the last 5 years. I did not
        get names of anyone in particular that attended my workshops to get a
        statement on what impact my presentation had on student learning. Can
        I use this as an accomplishment without that? This entry is stumping
        me. I only have a couple of concrete things to use that shows student
        impact,ie. improved CRT scores.
        How do you show student impact of writing an article for a journal? I
        feel I am getting off track but don't know how to get back on.
        Gary
      • Yvette Laughlin
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18 3:29 PM
          Just some ideas. Did any of your co-workers attend your conferences? Have
          you written for and received any grants for your students? Written
          curriculum? Been on special committees that impacted student learning?
          Best Wishes,
          Patricia Laughlin EA/Science NBCT 2000

          > I have presented at some conferences over the last 5 years. I did not
          > get names of anyone in particular that attended my workshops to get a
          > statement on what impact my presentation had on student learning. Can
          > I use this as an accomplishment without that? This entry is stumping
          > me. I only have a couple of concrete things to use that shows student
          > impact,ie. improved CRT scores.
          > How do you show student impact of writing an article for a journal? I
          > feel I am getting off track but don't know how to get back on.
          > Gary

        • Janet Doughty
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 19 4:53 PM
            What did you present in these conferences? What were your journal articles
            about? The presentations you made were evidence that something you do
            impacts student learning (positively, we hope!). Why were you chosen to
            make the presentations? Why did you write the journal articles? The
            students in this entry are the ones in your class; how did they benefit from
            what you did?
            This entry is the one I scored lowest in because I got it backwards.
            Instead of leading off with the journal articles and workshops, I should
            have led off with the program or unit that I was using and used the
            articles, etc. as evidence that they worked and that I was able to share
            with others.
            Janet, EASCI 2000