Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 66

  • Yvette Laughlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4 8:43 AM
      Thank you for the tips.
      Yvette

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Margie Corp <mcorp@...>
      To: <EASCI@egroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 12:16 PM
      Subject: Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 66

      > I have not yet contributed to this discussion list but felt compelled to
      > put in my 2 cents after reading your messages about the AC. I agree
      > with Sybil about sticking to the basics in preparing for the
      > assessment. I did not spend a lot of time preparing for the tests
      > (reading, etc.) other than psyching myself up and getting plenty of rest
      > and eating right. I did go to this site:
      > http://www.link2ed.com/resources/misconcept2.htm
      > It had a lot of interesting starting points to review basic science
      > knowledge and student misconceptions. Try looking that over.
      > My Sylvan experience was not that bad. I brought a sweater as I don't
      > care for air conditioning too much, but only used it a couple of times.
      > Make sure you take all your breaks and budget at least 5 mins. at the
      > end of the test to review what you wrote. I read on the national site
      > that those who do not score well did not fully answer the questions
      > asked. Give yourself time to review what you said and what was asked of
      > you.
      > One last thing: try the simulation site provided by the Univ. of Iowa:
      > http://fp.uni.edu/nbpts/
      > Hit the link for WebCT Assessment Site Simulation. It should give you
      > the "feel" for the format of the assessment site. Of course, review the
      > CD they gave you with the AC booklet.
      > I hope this helps you. Just keep thinking "I'll do my best because
      > that's all I've got!" I survived - you will too!
      > Margie :)
      >
      > > Message: 1
      > > Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 15:46:10 -0500
      > > From: "Yvette Laughlin" <teacher@...>
      > > Subject: looking for book
      > >
      > > Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the book entitled "Targeting
      Students' Science Misconceptions". The author is Joseph Stepans. The
      publisher is Idea Factory. The publishing date is 1996. It is specifically
      geared toward middle school students. I ordered one approximately 5 weeks
      ago and was just informed it is on back order. I would like to read it for
      my assessment center date of July 14.