Re: [EASCI] buzz words

  • Leslie Rich
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 26, 2007
      I am going through the standards and finding words that are repeated a
      number of times and using those in my entry writings. Is there a
      different list you are referring to?
      Leslie

      Leslie E. Rich
      Ocean Bay Middle School
      7th Grade Science
      903-8420 ext.52713
    • Karla Amburgey
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
        I didn't get your document....

        LaDonna Mangum <ladonnamangum@...> wrote:
        this document is saved in word, if you need  it in RTF just let me know and I will resend.

        ukmu5 <ukmu5@yahoo. com> wrote:
        I am currently writing my 3rd entry...does anybody know where I can
        find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I am
        having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary.. .
        Thanks, K

        " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

        Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
        in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

      • LaDonna Mangum
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
          I didn't get it either when it was sent back to me so I uploaded it on the group page.  It is located until Files.  Hope this helps!

          Karla Amburgey <ukmu5@...> wrote:
          I didn't get your document....

          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
            Thanks...that does help and will help tomorrow when I do my entry 2 video.

            ukmu5 <ukmu5@yahoo. com> wrote:
            I am currently writing my 3rd entry...does anybody know where I can
            find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I am
            having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary.. .
            Thanks, K

            " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

            Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
            in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

            " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

            in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
            to find your fit.

          • Rita Lander
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
              Peg,  Should there be a special way to use it.  My students are presenting skits on the punnett square and how it is used to figure out the traits predicted. I can get 20 minutes easily, but the HOT questions seem to be the problem.
              Help.
              Rita

              Peg Brody <PegBrody@...> wrote:
              Rita,
              I used the Nature of Science and focused on Density. Both of  your ideas are good.  It is just how you use them.
              Peg

              Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

            • Karla Amburgey
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                No...that is what I am referring to...I am doing the same....

                Leslie Rich <LRich@...> wrote:
                I am going through the standards and finding words that are repeated a
                number of times and using those in my entry writings. Is there a
                different list you are referring to?
                Leslie

                Leslie E. Rich
                Ocean Bay Middle School
                7th Grade Science
                903-8420 ext.52713

                with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

              • Leslie Rich
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                  I don't live in FLA but it would be a great help if you could read
                  through my entries.
                  Thanks

                  Leslie E. Rich
                  Ocean Bay Middle School
                  7th Grade Science
                  903-8420 ext.52713
                • Leslie Rich
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                    I was thinking of doing my entry 2 on genetic diseases. What do you
                    think?

                    Leslie E. Rich
                    Ocean Bay Middle School
                    7th Grade Science
                    903-8420 ext.52713
                  • Peg Brody
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                      Re: [EASCI] buzz words Of course.  Send to pegbrody@...
                      Peg
                    • Peg Brody
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                        Re: [EASCI] buzz words At the beginning of each entry is an introduction page to the entry.  I also grabbed buzz words from there.
                      • Peg Brody
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                          Re: [EASCI] buzz words Probing questions are like the Socrates method.  Stick to the How and Why and feed off of their answers.  Don’t make the questions forced.  Remember, you are trying to see what they know and then guide them to what you want them to learn with these questions.  Don’t answer their questions directly, let them have that discovery.  I really think that is what this entry is all about....and I scored very high using this thought pattern.
                          Peg
                        • Peg Brody
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                            Re: [EASCI] buzz words I think genetic diseases are very motivating.  Keep in mind, it is not the topic they will be interested in, so it doesn’t have to be fancy smanchy (did I spell that right?)  I believe it should be a concept YOU are very knowledgeable in and how you really listen to the students and question them.  Remember to lead them to discovery.  Are you spring boarding off of DNA coding?
                            Peg
                          • nbtscandidate
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 29 6:23 PM
                              --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, LaDonna Mangum <ladonnamangum@...>
                              wrote:

                              > this document is saved in word, if you need it in RTF just let me
                              know and I will resend.

                              > ukmu5 <ukmu5@...> wrote: I am currently writing my 3rd
                              entry...does anybody know where I can
                              > find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I
                              am
                              > having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary...
                              > Thanks, K
                              >

                              > I am just beginning--can you please supply me the buzz words?
                              Thanks so very much!