Re: [EASCI] buzz words

  • Leslie Rich
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 26, 2007
      I am going through the standards and finding words that are repeated a
      number of times and using those in my entry writings. Is there a
      different list you are referring to?
      Leslie

      Leslie E. Rich
      Ocean Bay Middle School
      7th Grade Science
      903-8420 ext.52713
    • Peg Brody
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
        Re: [EASCI] buzz words Karla,
        I did mine on the Scientific Process.
      • Rita Lander
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
          What scientific process?  I plan to do my entry 2 on punnett squares or genetic diseases. Which might be better?  landerr71

          Peg Brody <PegBrody@...> wrote:
          Karla,
          I did mine on the Scientific Process.

          8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

        • Peg Brody
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
            Re: [EASCI] buzz words Rita,
            I used the Nature of Science and focused on Density. Both of  your ideas are good.  It is just how you use them.
            Peg
          • LaDonna Mangum
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
              this document is saved in word, if you need  it in RTF just let me know and I will resend.

              ukmu5 <ukmu5@...> wrote:
              I am currently writing my 3rd entry...does anybody know where I can
              find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I am
              having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary.. .
              Thanks, K

              " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

              Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
              in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

            • Karla Amburgey

                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                  I didn't get it either when it was sent back to me so I uploaded it on the group page.  It is located until Files.  Hope this helps!

                  Karla Amburgey <ukmu5@...> wrote:
                  I didn't get your document....

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                    Thanks...that does help and will help tomorrow when I do my entry 2 video.

                    ukmu5 <ukmu5@yahoo. com> wrote:
                    I am currently writing my 3rd entry...does anybody know where I can
                    find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I am
                    having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary.. .
                    Thanks, K

                    " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

                    Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                    in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

                    " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

                    in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
                    to find your fit.

                  • Rita Lander
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                      Peg,  Should there be a special way to use it.  My students are presenting skits on the punnett square and how it is used to figure out the traits predicted. I can get 20 minutes easily, but the HOT questions seem to be the problem.
                      Help.
                      Rita

                      Peg Brody <PegBrody@...> wrote:
                      Rita,
                      I used the Nature of Science and focused on Density. Both of  your ideas are good.  It is just how you use them.
                      Peg

                      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                    • Karla Amburgey
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                        No...that is what I am referring to...I am doing the same....

                        Leslie Rich <LRich@...> wrote:
                        I am going through the standards and finding words that are repeated a
                        number of times and using those in my entry writings. Is there a
                        different list you are referring to?
                        Leslie

                        Leslie E. Rich
                        Ocean Bay Middle School
                        7th Grade Science
                        903-8420 ext.52713

                        with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

                      • Leslie Rich
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                          I don't live in FLA but it would be a great help if you could read
                          through my entries.
                          Thanks

                          Leslie E. Rich
                          Ocean Bay Middle School
                          7th Grade Science
                          903-8420 ext.52713
                        • Leslie Rich
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                            I was thinking of doing my entry 2 on genetic diseases. What do you
                            think?

                            Leslie E. Rich
                            Ocean Bay Middle School
                            7th Grade Science
                            903-8420 ext.52713
                          • Peg Brody
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                              Re: [EASCI] buzz words Of course.  Send to pegbrody@...
                              Peg
                            • Peg Brody
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                Re: [EASCI] buzz words At the beginning of each entry is an introduction page to the entry.  I also grabbed buzz words from there.
                              • Peg Brody
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                  Re: [EASCI] buzz words Probing questions are like the Socrates method.  Stick to the How and Why and feed off of their answers.  Don’t make the questions forced.  Remember, you are trying to see what they know and then guide them to what you want them to learn with these questions.  Don’t answer their questions directly, let them have that discovery.  I really think that is what this entry is all about....and I scored very high using this thought pattern.
                                  Peg
                                • Peg Brody
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                    Re: [EASCI] buzz words I think genetic diseases are very motivating.  Keep in mind, it is not the topic they will be interested in, so it doesn’t have to be fancy smanchy (did I spell that right?)  I believe it should be a concept YOU are very knowledgeable in and how you really listen to the students and question them.  Remember to lead them to discovery.  Are you spring boarding off of DNA coding?
                                    Peg
                                  • nbtscandidate
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jul 29, 2007
                                      --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, LaDonna Mangum <ladonnamangum@...>
                                      wrote:

                                      > this document is saved in word, if you need it in RTF just let me
                                      know and I will resend.

                                      > ukmu5 <ukmu5@...> wrote: I am currently writing my 3rd
                                      entry...does anybody know where I can
                                      > find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I
                                      am
                                      > having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary...
                                      > Thanks, K
                                      >

                                      > I am just beginning--can you please supply me the buzz words?
                                      Thanks so very much!