Re: [EASCI] buzz words

  • Leslie Rich
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 26, 2007
      I am going through the standards and finding words that are repeated a
      number of times and using those in my entry writings. Is there a
      different list you are referring to?
      Leslie

      Leslie E. Rich
      Ocean Bay Middle School
      7th Grade Science
      903-8420 ext.52713
    • Karla Amburgey
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 26, 2007
        thank you so much for the help....I wrote all of it down...I just finished my second draft of the 3rd entry and now I realize I don't like the video I did for my 2nd entry so I am putting together something to do to retape that entry....are you certified...again, thank you for responding, I really appreciate it...

        suesippel@... wrote:
        Blooms Taxonomy   Use Blooms where ever you can, in addition to the termonology they give you in the standards... Good Luck!

        Don't pick lemons.
        See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      • suesippel@aol.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 27, 2007
          You are welcome....I was certified this year.  When i went thru the process, i did what seems like a gazillion re writes for some entries!  Good luck!
        • Peg Brody
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 27, 2007
            Re: [EASCI] buzz words Since 2002.  I did go through the standards and wrote a list.  I taped the list to the side of my computer to make sure I used each word for every entry.  Unfortunately, I do not have the list anymore, but it only took me maybe an hour to compile.  Actually, going through the standards this way was very helpful in helping me organize my entries.  I scored high on all four entries.

            If you would like an extra pair of eyes to read through your entries, email me at pegbrody@....  I would be glad to help.

            Peg
          • Karla Amburgey
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 27, 2007
              I looked at my tape last night for the entry #2 and decided to retape....I believe I had too much lecturing and not enough discussion...I was considering doing a short lab and turning that into a discussion regarding the periodic table....does that sound logical to you...if you don't mind telling me, what did you do your #2 entry on....

              suesippel@... wrote:
              You are welcome....I was certified this year.  When i went thru the process, i did what seems like a gazillion re writes for some entries!  Good luck!

              Be a PS3 game guru.

            • Peg Brody
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                Re: [EASCI] buzz words Karla,
                I did mine on the Scientific Process.
              • Rita Lander
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                  What scientific process?  I plan to do my entry 2 on punnett squares or genetic diseases. Which might be better?  landerr71

                  Peg Brody <PegBrody@...> wrote:
                  Karla,
                  I did mine on the Scientific Process.

                  8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

                • Peg Brody
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                    Re: [EASCI] buzz words Rita,
                    I used the Nature of Science and focused on Density. Both of  your ideas are good.  It is just how you use them.
                    Peg
                  • LaDonna Mangum
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                      this document is saved in word, if you need  it in RTF just let me know and I will resend.

                      ukmu5 <ukmu5@...> wrote:
                      I am currently writing my 3rd entry...does anybody know where I can
                      find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I am
                      having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary.. .
                      Thanks, K

                      " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

                      Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                      in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

                    • Karla Amburgey

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                          I didn't get it either when it was sent back to me so I uploaded it on the group page.  It is located until Files.  Hope this helps!

                          Karla Amburgey <ukmu5@...> wrote:
                          I didn't get your document....

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                            Thanks...that does help and will help tomorrow when I do my entry 2 video.

                            ukmu5 <ukmu5@yahoo. com> wrote:
                            I am currently writing my 3rd entry...does anybody know where I can
                            find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I am
                            having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary.. .
                            Thanks, K

                            " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

                            Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                            in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

                            " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

                            in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
                            to find your fit.

                          • Rita Lander
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                              Peg,  Should there be a special way to use it.  My students are presenting skits on the punnett square and how it is used to figure out the traits predicted. I can get 20 minutes easily, but the HOT questions seem to be the problem.
                              Help.
                              Rita

                              Peg Brody <PegBrody@...> wrote:
                              Rita,
                              I used the Nature of Science and focused on Density. Both of  your ideas are good.  It is just how you use them.
                              Peg

                              Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                            • Karla Amburgey
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                No...that is what I am referring to...I am doing the same....

                                Leslie Rich <LRich@...> wrote:
                                I am going through the standards and finding words that are repeated a
                                number of times and using those in my entry writings. Is there a
                                different list you are referring to?
                                Leslie

                                Leslie E. Rich
                                Ocean Bay Middle School
                                7th Grade Science
                                903-8420 ext.52713

                                with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

                              • Leslie Rich
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                  I don't live in FLA but it would be a great help if you could read
                                  through my entries.
                                  Thanks

                                  Leslie E. Rich
                                  Ocean Bay Middle School
                                  7th Grade Science
                                  903-8420 ext.52713
                                • Leslie Rich
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                    I was thinking of doing my entry 2 on genetic diseases. What do you
                                    think?

                                    Leslie E. Rich
                                    Ocean Bay Middle School
                                    7th Grade Science
                                    903-8420 ext.52713
                                  • Peg Brody
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                      Re: [EASCI] buzz words Of course.  Send to pegbrody@...
                                      Peg
                                    • Peg Brody
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                        Re: [EASCI] buzz words At the beginning of each entry is an introduction page to the entry.  I also grabbed buzz words from there.
                                      • Peg Brody
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                          Re: [EASCI] buzz words Probing questions are like the Socrates method.  Stick to the How and Why and feed off of their answers.  Don’t make the questions forced.  Remember, you are trying to see what they know and then guide them to what you want them to learn with these questions.  Don’t answer their questions directly, let them have that discovery.  I really think that is what this entry is all about....and I scored very high using this thought pattern.
                                          Peg
                                        • Peg Brody
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                            Re: [EASCI] buzz words I think genetic diseases are very motivating.  Keep in mind, it is not the topic they will be interested in, so it doesn’t have to be fancy smanchy (did I spell that right?)  I believe it should be a concept YOU are very knowledgeable in and how you really listen to the students and question them.  Remember to lead them to discovery.  Are you spring boarding off of DNA coding?
                                            Peg
                                          • nbtscandidate
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jul 29, 2007
                                              --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, LaDonna Mangum <ladonnamangum@...>
                                              wrote:

                                              > this document is saved in word, if you need it in RTF just let me
                                              know and I will resend.

                                              > ukmu5 <ukmu5@...> wrote: I am currently writing my 3rd
                                              entry...does anybody know where I can
                                              > find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I
                                              am
                                              > having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary...
                                              > Thanks, K
                                              >

                                              > I am just beginning--can you please supply me the buzz words?
                                              Thanks so very much!