buzz words

  • ukmu5
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 25, 2007
      I am currently writing my 3rd entry...does anybody know where I can
      find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I am
      having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary...
      Thanks, K
    • Leslie Rich
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 26, 2007
        I am going through the standards and finding words that are repeated a
        number of times and using those in my entry writings. Is there a
        different list you are referring to?
        Leslie

        Leslie E. Rich
        Ocean Bay Middle School
        7th Grade Science
        903-8420 ext.52713
      • Peg Brody
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 26, 2007
          Re: [EASCI] buzz words Use your standards.  They have the buzz words in them.  I mean the standards they give you, not your states.  Do you live in Florida?  I could mentor  you and receive mentoring hours.

          Peg in Jupiter, Florida
        • suesippel@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 26, 2007
            Blooms Taxonomy   Use Blooms where ever you can, in addition to the termonology they give you in the standards...Good Luck!
          • Karla Amburgey
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 26, 2007
              Peg....I have been going through my standards to get buzz words, I was just wondering if someone ever made a list and kept them on file somewhere...maybe that is not a bad idea ..yes, I live in florida...palm coast...I do have a mentor in my school...how long have you been certified?

              Peg Brody <PegBrody@...> wrote:
              Use your standards.  They have the buzz words in them.  I mean the standards they give you, not your states.  Do you live in Florida?  I could mentor  you and receive mentoring hours.

              Peg in Jupiter, Florida

              always stay connected to friends.

            • Karla Amburgey
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 26, 2007
                thank you so much for the help....I wrote all of it down...I just finished my second draft of the 3rd entry and now I realize I don't like the video I did for my 2nd entry so I am putting together something to do to retape that entry....are you certified...again, thank you for responding, I really appreciate it...

                suesippel@... wrote:
                Blooms Taxonomy   Use Blooms where ever you can, in addition to the termonology they give you in the standards... Good Luck!

                Don't pick lemons.
                See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

              • suesippel@aol.com
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 27, 2007
                  You are welcome....I was certified this year.  When i went thru the process, i did what seems like a gazillion re writes for some entries!  Good luck!
                • Peg Brody
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 27, 2007
                    Re: [EASCI] buzz words Since 2002.  I did go through the standards and wrote a list.  I taped the list to the side of my computer to make sure I used each word for every entry.  Unfortunately, I do not have the list anymore, but it only took me maybe an hour to compile.  Actually, going through the standards this way was very helpful in helping me organize my entries.  I scored high on all four entries.

                    If you would like an extra pair of eyes to read through your entries, email me at pegbrody@....  I would be glad to help.

                    Peg
                  • Karla Amburgey
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 27, 2007
                      I looked at my tape last night for the entry #2 and decided to retape....I believe I had too much lecturing and not enough discussion...I was considering doing a short lab and turning that into a discussion regarding the periodic table....does that sound logical to you...if you don't mind telling me, what did you do your #2 entry on....

                      suesippel@... wrote:
                      You are welcome....I was certified this year.  When i went thru the process, i did what seems like a gazillion re writes for some entries!  Good luck!

                      Be a PS3 game guru.

                    • Peg Brody
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                        Re: [EASCI] buzz words Karla,
                        I did mine on the Scientific Process.
                      • Rita Lander
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                          What scientific process?  I plan to do my entry 2 on punnett squares or genetic diseases. Which might be better?  landerr71

                          Peg Brody <PegBrody@...> wrote:
                          Karla,
                          I did mine on the Scientific Process.

                          8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

                        • Peg Brody
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                            Re: [EASCI] buzz words Rita,
                            I used the Nature of Science and focused on Density. Both of  your ideas are good.  It is just how you use them.
                            Peg
                          • LaDonna Mangum
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                              this document is saved in word, if you need  it in RTF just let me know and I will resend.

                              ukmu5 <ukmu5@...> wrote:
                              I am currently writing my 3rd entry...does anybody know where I can
                              find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I am
                              having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary.. .
                              Thanks, K

                              " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

                              Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                              in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

                            • Karla Amburgey

                                Message 15 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                                  I didn't get it either when it was sent back to me so I uploaded it on the group page.  It is located until Files.  Hope this helps!

                                  Karla Amburgey <ukmu5@...> wrote:
                                  I didn't get your document....

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                                    Thanks...that does help and will help tomorrow when I do my entry 2 video.

                                    ukmu5 <ukmu5@yahoo. com> wrote:
                                    I am currently writing my 3rd entry...does anybody know where I can
                                    find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I am
                                    having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary.. .
                                    Thanks, K

                                    " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

                                    Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                                    in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

                                    " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

                                    in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
                                    to find your fit.

                                  • Rita Lander
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jan 28, 2007
                                      Peg,  Should there be a special way to use it.  My students are presenting skits on the punnett square and how it is used to figure out the traits predicted. I can get 20 minutes easily, but the HOT questions seem to be the problem.
                                      Help.
                                      Rita

                                      Peg Brody <PegBrody@...> wrote:
                                      Rita,
                                      I used the Nature of Science and focused on Density. Both of  your ideas are good.  It is just how you use them.
                                      Peg

                                      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                                    • Karla Amburgey
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                        No...that is what I am referring to...I am doing the same....

                                        Leslie Rich <LRich@...> wrote:
                                        I am going through the standards and finding words that are repeated a
                                        number of times and using those in my entry writings. Is there a
                                        different list you are referring to?
                                        Leslie

                                        Leslie E. Rich
                                        Ocean Bay Middle School
                                        7th Grade Science
                                        903-8420 ext.52713

                                        with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

                                      • Leslie Rich
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                          I don't live in FLA but it would be a great help if you could read
                                          through my entries.
                                          Thanks

                                          Leslie E. Rich
                                          Ocean Bay Middle School
                                          7th Grade Science
                                          903-8420 ext.52713
                                        • Leslie Rich
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                            I was thinking of doing my entry 2 on genetic diseases. What do you
                                            think?

                                            Leslie E. Rich
                                            Ocean Bay Middle School
                                            7th Grade Science
                                            903-8420 ext.52713
                                          • Peg Brody
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                              Re: [EASCI] buzz words Of course.  Send to pegbrody@...
                                              Peg
                                            • Peg Brody
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                                Re: [EASCI] buzz words At the beginning of each entry is an introduction page to the entry.  I also grabbed buzz words from there.
                                              • Peg Brody
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                                  Re: [EASCI] buzz words Probing questions are like the Socrates method.  Stick to the How and Why and feed off of their answers.  Don’t make the questions forced.  Remember, you are trying to see what they know and then guide them to what you want them to learn with these questions.  Don’t answer their questions directly, let them have that discovery.  I really think that is what this entry is all about....and I scored very high using this thought pattern.
                                                  Peg
                                                • Peg Brody
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Jan 29, 2007
                                                    Re: [EASCI] buzz words I think genetic diseases are very motivating.  Keep in mind, it is not the topic they will be interested in, so it doesn’t have to be fancy smanchy (did I spell that right?)  I believe it should be a concept YOU are very knowledgeable in and how you really listen to the students and question them.  Remember to lead them to discovery.  Are you spring boarding off of DNA coding?
                                                    Peg
                                                  • nbtscandidate
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Jul 29, 2007
                                                      --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, LaDonna Mangum <ladonnamangum@...>
                                                      wrote:

                                                      > this document is saved in word, if you need it in RTF just let me
                                                      know and I will resend.

                                                      > ukmu5 <ukmu5@...> wrote: I am currently writing my 3rd
                                                      entry...does anybody know where I can
                                                      > find a list of the "buzz words" that will help me with the paper. I
                                                      am
                                                      > having trouble putting my words into their vocabulary...
                                                      > Thanks, K
                                                      >

                                                      > I am just beginning--can you please supply me the buzz words?
                                                      Thanks so very much!