Re: [EASCI] entry 4 documentation

  • tanyatebanks@cs.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2007
      Tammy,

      I think you know that the rubric suggests you tie all of the evidence or artifacts to student learning.  Ask yourself if you did.  " did I explain how student learning was impacted by the newsletter...transcript( learning from class taken) tutor program etc? "
      Yes, you should refer to the documentation.  I referrred to the documentation as artifact 1 helped impact student learning by ..... artifact 2 and 3 impacted learning by ....

      I also included copies of an email or other correspondence to and from a parent pretaining to how I was helping thier child.  Maybe you have something like that too.

      good luck,

      te.
    • T Blair
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2007
        I included a copy of communication log, showing different types of communication.  For instance, phone calls and e-mails and meetings with parents, meetings with special ed teacher about modifications on a specific test and then wrote about how these impacted student learning.  I wrote about how parent involvement impacted my students learning (giving specific examples) this was about the parent group e-mail that I use.  For evidence, I didn't send a copy of one of the group e-mails, I sent a copy of an e-mail from a parent thanking me for keeping her up to date.  If a parent thanks you in person, I don't think it would hurt if you asked them to put in on paper so that you could put it in your files.
        Tami

        Tammy Shelley <tammyshelley@...> wrote:
        Stephanie,
        Any suggestions on the documentation for Entry 4?  Las time I included a copy of th newsletter, a transcript, a certificate, a copy of the letter inviting the students to the tutoring program..... ...and of course the forms signed by my administrators.    Also, should I refer to the documentation in the paper?
        Thanks again for all of your suggestions!

        Get your own web address.

      • Leslie Rich
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
          Hello Stephanie,
          I am going through NB certification and your name was recommended to
          me. I was wondering if you would read my Entry 1 please and give
          feedback? I teach 7th grade Science.
          Thank you.
          Leslie Rich

          Leslie E. Rich
          Ocean Bay Middle School
          7th Grade Science
          903-8420 ext.52713
        • stipko
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
            Hi Leslie,

            I'm flattered that I came recommended. However, I found out recently that I am only able to report hours for which I mentor Florida teachers. Since I already have 3 out-of-Florida teachers that I am mentoring I really cannot take on any others unless they do indeed teach in Florida. If you meet that one tiny detail then I would love to help you.

            Take care,