Re: [EASCI] Did anyone pass?

  • tanyatebanks@cs.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 14, 2006
      Yes,  I am.  Pleased to say I did pass.  Hope you did too!

      Sincerely Proud,
      Tanya Eubanks, national board certified in Early Adol. Science
    • tanyatebanks@cs.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 14, 2006
        I agree, you should go for the retake in the area(s) you scored the lowest on. Entry four can be redone even if you are in another position.  I took a year off and found funding in my last year.  Then finally passed.  I was close too but without the funding I would not have retaken it with money out of my own pocket.

        good luck on making your decision

        Tanya
      • Don Deresz
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 15, 2006
          "Anticipation Guides" is a fancy, elitist, term and a creative design for "the ol'"  pre/post test.

          Also, the EA/SCI field traditionally averages the lowest scores as compared to the other fields of certification.  If you did not achieve NBPT Certification this year, get all upset for about a week, then pick yourself up by your boot straps, figure out how many points/weight you need to "pass," which Entry(ries) do you have the most "control" over (usually 1 - 3), and re-apply.  Try to find a free money source in your community for the cost of the re-do and realize that now you have much more time to complete that entry and have sight of a specific numeric goal to achieve by adhering to the rubric, scoring guide, and especially the introductory pages of that entry in the "Portfolio Guide."

          Happy Holidays to All,
          Don Deresz
          Miami, FL

          From: suesippel@aol. com
          Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:41:18 -0500

          I passed (finally, my second try)...by the skin of my teeth (they are still feeling pretty raw) but I will take it.  I have found that using anticipation guides for entries 1, 2 and 3 are a great thing!  you can use the data from them in your writeups.

          Good luck to teh first timers and those who will be retaking!

          Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live Toolbar Today! Try it now!

        • Regena Sizemore
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 27, 2006
            Several people have mentioned funding for retakes - what is this?  I'm in Fl and I'd be interested in some financial assistance since I need to redo 2 entries.

            http://mail.yahoo.com