Re: [EASCI] Entry 4

  • tanyatebanks@cs.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 7, 2006
      I used online communication with a personal website to include science objectives, projects, homework, etc  I also used email lists I developed from a personal letter and sign up from open house. Parents emailed me when mid six weeks reports or in some cases weekly student summaries were sent home.  I used one email that I printed showing correspondence back and forth over a graded paper.

      I also used email copies between other science teachers in my building. I also taught a science environmental enrichment class where the students wrote a news letter that was given out to all students and sent home.

      Hope these ideas are good for you.
    • LaDonna Mangum
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 7, 2006
        My best communication came in the form of emails.  I had one child in particular who was not doing well in my class.  His mother and I emailed regularly and I asked her for suggestions on ways in which she thought her child might be successful.

        saraellon <saraellon@...> wrote:
        I need suggestions on how I can engage parents and other adults in two-
        way communication focused primarily on substantive teaching and
        learning issues and individual student progress.
        Area: Middle School Science

        " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."