Re: Entry 1 student activities

  • eliotmom2
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2006
      Yes, a compound microscope is considered technology. I understood
      technology to be any tool used to enhance your teaching that the
      students would use.
      Jeanne
      --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "saraellon" <saraellon@...> wrote:

      > Question about technology> Would a compound microscope be considered
      > technology. If not, if I expand the cell microscope lab where the
      > students use the computer to draw the cell. Just brain storming!
      > Thanks, Sara

    • LaDonna Mangum
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2006
        Someone actually told me an overhead projector would be considered technology, so a compound microscope would most definetly fall into the category of technology.

        eliotmom2 <eliotmom2@...> wrote:
        Yes, a compound microscope is considered technology. I understood
        technology to be any tool used to enhance your teaching that the
        students would use.
        Jeanne
        --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

        > Question about technology> Would a compound microscope be considered
        > technology. If not, if I expand the cell microscope lab where the
        > students use the computer to draw the cell. Just brain storming!
        > Thanks, Sara

        " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

      • Don Deresz
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 24, 2006
          Quite frankly,  if your particular students, as an example,  require "blunt-edge scissors" to improve their learning, this item would be considered "technology."  The term:  "technology, " is meant to be broad to consider all rainbows of the NBCT candidate's learning environment or community.

          Definition of "technology:"   Technology is the technical means people use to improve their surroundings. It is also a knowledge of using tools and machines to do tasks efficiently.

          Don
          Miami, FL
          Happy Holidays