Re: Entry 1 student activities

  • saraellon
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 22, 2006
      Question about technology> Would a compound microscope be considered
      technology. If not, if I expand the cell microscope lab where the
      students use the computer to draw the cell. Just brain storming!
      Thanks, Sara
    • eliotmom2
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 23, 2006
        Yes, a compound microscope is considered technology. I understood
        technology to be any tool used to enhance your teaching that the
        students would use.
        Jeanne
        --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "saraellon" <saraellon@...> wrote:

        > Question about technology> Would a compound microscope be considered
        > technology. If not, if I expand the cell microscope lab where the
        > students use the computer to draw the cell. Just brain storming!
        > Thanks, Sara

      • LaDonna Mangum
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 24, 2006
          Someone actually told me an overhead projector would be considered technology, so a compound microscope would most definetly fall into the category of technology.

          eliotmom2 <eliotmom2@...> wrote:
          Yes, a compound microscope is considered technology. I understood
          technology to be any tool used to enhance your teaching that the
          students would use.
          Jeanne
          --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

          > Question about technology> Would a compound microscope be considered
          > technology. If not, if I expand the cell microscope lab where the
          > students use the computer to draw the cell. Just brain storming!
          > Thanks, Sara

          " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

        • Don Deresz
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2006
            Quite frankly,  if your particular students, as an example,  require "blunt-edge scissors" to improve their learning, this item would be considered "technology."  The term:  "technology, " is meant to be broad to consider all rainbows of the NBCT candidate's learning environment or community.

            Definition of "technology:"   Technology is the technical means people use to improve their surroundings. It is also a knowledge of using tools and machines to do tasks efficiently.

            Don
            Miami, FL
            Happy Holidays