Re: Entry 1 student activities

  • eliotmom2
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 22, 2006
      I wrote back to the students on their work like I would normally do.
      If a student had to add or redo any of the work based on the comments
      then it became part of the assignment.
      Jeanne
      --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "saraellon" <saraellon@...> wrote:

      > Suggestions on how to show feedback to the students activities that I
      > provide in my portfolio.

    • saraellon
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 22, 2006
        Question about technology> Would a compound microscope be considered
        technology. If not, if I expand the cell microscope lab where the
        students use the computer to draw the cell. Just brain storming!
        Thanks, Sara
      • eliotmom2
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 23, 2006
          Yes, a compound microscope is considered technology. I understood
          technology to be any tool used to enhance your teaching that the
          students would use.
          Jeanne
          --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "saraellon" <saraellon@...> wrote:

          > Question about technology> Would a compound microscope be considered
          > technology. If not, if I expand the cell microscope lab where the
          > students use the computer to draw the cell. Just brain storming!
          > Thanks, Sara

        • LaDonna Mangum
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2006
            Someone actually told me an overhead projector would be considered technology, so a compound microscope would most definetly fall into the category of technology.

            eliotmom2 <eliotmom2@...> wrote:
            Yes, a compound microscope is considered technology. I understood
            technology to be any tool used to enhance your teaching that the
            students would use.
            Jeanne
            --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

            > Question about technology> Would a compound microscope be considered
            > technology. If not, if I expand the cell microscope lab where the
            > students use the computer to draw the cell. Just brain storming!
            > Thanks, Sara

            " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

          • Don Deresz
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 24, 2006
              Quite frankly,  if your particular students, as an example,  require "blunt-edge scissors" to improve their learning, this item would be considered "technology."  The term:  "technology, " is meant to be broad to consider all rainbows of the NBCT candidate's learning environment or community.

              Definition of "technology:"   Technology is the technical means people use to improve their surroundings. It is also a knowledge of using tools and machines to do tasks efficiently.

              Don
              Miami, FL
              Happy Holidays