study materials

  • Tammy Shelley
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2006
      Any suggestions for study materials to help me prepare for the BIG day coming up soon???????

      Also, any suggestions for relieving the stress on test day?

      tammy

    • LaDonna Mangum
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2006
        here is a website that might for entry 5, student misconceptions.  Other than that I found very little that helped me study for the assessments.  My main advice is just relax and write what you know.  It doesnt' have to be pretty as long as you have what they ask for.  Good luck!!!!
        http://www.amasci.com/miscon/opphys.html

        Tammy Shelley <tammyshelley@...> wrote:
        Any suggestions for study materials to help me prepare for the BIG day coming up soon???????

        Also, any suggestions for relieving the stress on test day?

        tammy

        " Life is tough. It's tougher if you are stupid."

      • Jeanne Elliott
        Message 3 of 3 , May 29, 2006
          For misconceptions, I went through the teacher edition of my textbook.  They gave ideas for misconceptions and activities for correcting those misconceptions.  The test will require you to pull from a wide range of information.  Just read any up-to-date articles like magazines from NSTA.  They have information on concepts, how to teach concepts and misconceptions, and on data analysis.
           I read through books that discussed the big ideas and what was appropriate for particular grade levels and why.  That helped with concepts and how they go from the concrete to the abstract.
          As for the test, take a deep breath.  Remember your time limit.  Be specific.  And explain all you can about each topic.
          Jeanne