Exercise 4: Change Over Time

  • mselig_easci
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2006
      I will be retaking assessment center exercise #4 over this spring. I'm
      curious about what they mean by "mechanisms involved in changes over
      time." What does this mean? I have read several books including some
      NSTA recommends like Pathways, Evolution In Perspective, and Teaching
      About Evolution and the Nature of Science. Some of these books describe
      change over time (or evolution) as having the following subthemes:
      direction, constraints, and chance. Do these subthemes need to be
      mentioned when addressing this prompt? Do I need to address how I would
      teach the concept to students? I really need some advice for this
      prompt.

      In addition to this prompt, I will also be taking exercise #2
      Interrelationships over. I only missed passing the first time around by
      4 points, so I'm hoping I can improve each prompt and PASS the second
      time around. I'm getting really nervous since my testing day is quickly
      approaching (June). I am open to any advice anyone may have for me. Any
      suggestions on what to study for these two tests? Books to read?
      Anything else?
    • Tammy Shelley
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2006
         Any suggestions about DVD vs. VHS?  Any problems in the past with DVD-R?????

        Thanks!

        Yahoo! Travel
        Find great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!
      • suesippel@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20, 2006
          this is the first year with DVD... i am not sure which would be better to send... still thinking on that one.
        • Peg Brody
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 24, 2006
            Re: [EASCI] DVD vs VHS The only problem I found with the DVD is the sound is barely audible.  All noise is picked up and the teacher is hard to hear.  Use a connector for audio to hear better.  Also make sure the DVD isn’t shaky.
            Peggy