Re: Process skill?

  • Kristi
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 5 8:44 PM
      Thank you. I appreciate your help. I decided to go with it,
      partially because I don't have time to redo it. When I watched it
      again, there is a little student-to-student interaction, so I will
      just highlight that. It is a major improvement for this group since
      the beginning of the year, so I can talk about that in my
      reflection, too. Thanks again. Good luck to you!

      --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, Annette Holder <arholder2003@...>
      wrote:

      > I think that is GREAT. It shows you trying to reach all students
      and make science relevant to them etc...KUdos!!

> [...]
      > discussion between them. So... with the time near an end.... I
      am
      > just taking one of them and analyzing it like crazy! I am just
      > ready to get this box to the post office!!
      > >
      > > Kristi <bateman_kristi@> wrote: But what exactly does
      > that look like on tape? That is what I am
      > > struggling with the most. How do I get the camera to pick up
      > the
      > > kids talking to each other so that the conversations can be
      made
      > > out, but still have me moving about the room so that you can
      > hear
      > > the questions I am asking the kids? I am really frustrated
      with
      > > this. I have taped this entry so many times, and have some
      > > fantastic stuff, but not enough student-to-student interaction
      > that
      > > made it onto the tape. HELP!!
      > >

      > > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, Annette Holder <arholder2003@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I do that lab with my students and they talk a lot about
      > it...I
      > > also was able to tell my kids that in this entry I wanted them
      > > talk to each other as much as I wanted them to talk to
      > me....that is
      > > about the topic.
      > > >
      > > > Annette Holder
      > > >
      > > > shazrolane <shazrolane@> wrote: --- In

      > > > I just don't feel at all comfortable that the students are
      > > engaged in
      > > > enough inquiry discussion. I have them asking me plenty of
      > > questions,
      > > > and I in turn asked questions to lead them to find out the
      > correct
      > > > answers, but almost none of them talked to each other.
      > > >
      > > > I don't have any science mentors in my county so I don't
      have
      > > anyone
      > > > to ask in person. All of my mentors right now are
      elementary
      > > certified
      > > > but they all assure me that I need to have the students
      > talking to
      > > > each other and asking questions of each other. Does that
      > sound
      > > right
      > > > to everyone?
      > > >
      > > > I already have my previous lab for Entry 3 written up (a
      > rough
      > > draft)
      > > > so I could post it or send it to someone to verify my
      > thoughts, if
      > > > anyone wanted to.
      > > >
      > > > I was going to adapt a lab that I haven't had a chance to
      do
      > yet
      > > this
      > > > year, where I have the students drop rubber balls from 4
      > different
      > > > heights so they could learn that 1. larger things do NOT
      drop
      > > faster
      > > > than smaller things and 2. falling things increase in

      Secondary
      > > school education
      > Graduate
      > > school education Home
      > school

      education

      > > Graduate school education
      > > online High school
      > > education Middle school

      education

      > of
      > > Service.
      > > >

      > > > ---------------------------------
      > > >

      > > > ---------------------------------
      > > > Yahoo! Mail
      > > > Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

      Secondary
      > school education Graduate
      > school education Home
      > school