Re: [EASCI] entry 1 reading

  • Tammy Shelley
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 15, 2006
      Greg,
      I only have the final edit to do on entry 1 so the requirements are fresh in my mind.... I will be more than happy to read and provide  feedback from my understanding and opinion of the expectations.

      Greg Corder <cordergw@...> wrote:
      I am finally done w/ entry 1.....thanks for everyone's advice!

      Is anyone willing to read over and comment on my entry 1?

      greg

      Yahoo! Photos
    • Greg Corder
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 15, 2006
        Thanks. Here it is.

        --- Tammy Shelley <tammyshelley@...> wrote:

        > Greg,
        > I only have the final edit to do on entry 1 so the
        > requirements are fresh in my mind.... I will be
        > more than happy to read and provide feedback from
        > my understanding and opinion of the expectations.
        >
        > Greg Corder <cordergw@...> wrote: I
        > am finally done w/ entry 1.....thanks for everyone's
        > advice!
        >
        > Is anyone willing to read over and comment on my
        > entry 1?
        >

        > greg

        > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
        >

        > ---------------------------------

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Tammy Shelley
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 16, 2006
          Greg,
          Your paper looks great to me.... but remember I am in the same boat
          as you. One of my fears has been whether or not I was translating the
          question correctly.... we seemed to be on the same track with
          what the questions were asking. It looks like you have covered all of
          the questions in each section. The only problem that I saw was a
          couple of grammatical errors.....(if you want me to give you the
          specifics.... let me know!)
          As I worked on this entry, I copied and pasted the information for
          the four headings in my Word document and as I typed I made sure that I
          addressed each question. Your paper very clearly hit each question
          with your bold text. I think it will be very easy for the assessor
          to give you credit for each section.
          Great job.... it made me feel better about the whole thing.... as the
          old saying goes.... misery loves company!!

          Best of luck!
          tammy

          Greg Corder <cordergw@...> wrote:
          Thanks.  Here it is.

          --- Tammy Shelley <tammyshelley@...> wrote:

          > Greg,
          >   I only have the final edit to do on entry 1 so the
          > requirements are  fresh in my mind.... I will be
          > more than happy to read and  provide  feedback from
          > my understanding and opinion of the  expectations.
          >
          > Greg Corder <cordergw@...> wrote:          I
          > am finally done w/ entry 1.....thanks for everyone's
          > advice!
          >
          >   Is anyone willing to read over and comment on my
          > entry 1?
          >

          >   greg

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
          >

          > ---------------------------------

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Photos
        • SML
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 23, 2006
            Hi Greg,

            I have a question for anyone actually, but it related to what you posted, so I'm writing to you :-) .  I'm working on entry 1 and was wondering where you placed your instructional sequence?  I wanted to do something similar to what you had, maybe a web, but I don't see anything in the instructions about slipping in a document like that.

            Any thoughts?

            Thanks,
            Sue

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            --
          • Greg Corder
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 23, 2006
              I looked at that hard....and I didn't find a clear
              answer base on the layout of the instructional
              materials and student work.....that might be a good
              question for the nat'l board site........my materials
              and the instr sequence combined were within the limit,
              so I just placed it at the end of the sections of
              instructional materials and student work......

              does anyone think that is right?

              greg

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • SML
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 28, 2006
                Greg,

                So you placed the instructional sequence with the 9 allowed for instructional materials? or with the 15 allowed for student pages? or just at the end of it all?  I tried to fit mine into the 13 written description pages, but I'm way over.  What did everyone else do?

                Sue

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                --
              • eliotmom2
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 28, 2006
                  When completing this entry my instructional sequence was in my
                  analysis. I wanted to make sure to clearly describe the purpose
                  behind each activity and how those activities continued the concepts
                  and skills while building upon thme. My written commentary before
                  the instructional materials in the end described the activity itself
                  and how it was used in the context of the lesson. I did not include
                  any web showing the sequence of the lesson even though I know you
                  can; it just takes up space.
                  Sue, for many of my entries I painfully edited to make sure my
                  margins were no more than one inch. I single spaced after periods
                  and had help in deleting unneeded words. I am very wordy so I had
                  to reword things to give myself room while not deleting important
                  information to give a clear picture of my lessons.
                  Jeanne
                  --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, SML <scarab8nbpts@w...> wrote:

                  > Greg,
                  >
                  > So you placed the instructional sequence with the 9 allowed for
                  > instructional materials? or with the 15 allowed for student pages?
                  or
                  > just at the end of it all? I tried to fit mine into the 13
                  written
                  > description pages, but I'm way over. What did everyone else do?
                  >
                  > Sue
                  >
                  > Greg Corder wrote:
                  >
                  > > I looked at that hard....and I didn't find a clear
                  > > answer base on the layout of the instructional
                  > > materials and student work.....that might be a good
                  > > question for the nat'l board site........my materials
                  > > and the instr sequence combined were within the limit,
                  > > so I just placed it at the end of the sections of
                  > > instructional materials and student work......
                  > >
                  > > does anyone think that is right?
                  > >
                  > > greg
                  > >
                  > > --- SML <scarab8nbpts@w...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Hi Greg,
                  > > >
                  > > > I have a question for anyone actually, but it
                  > > > related to what you
                  > > > posted, so I'm writing to you :-) . I'm working on
                  > > > entry 1 and was
                  > > > wondering where you placed your instructional
                  > > > sequence? I wanted to do
                  > > > something similar to what you had, maybe a web, but
                  > > > I don't see anything
                  > > > in the instructions about slipping in a document
                  > > > like that.
                  > > >
                  > > > Any thoughts?
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks,
                  > > > Sue

                  > > > the
                  > > > from
                  > > > expectations.

                  > > > everyone's

                  > > > my

                  > > > email

                  > > > protection around

                  t=ms&k=Secondary+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Gr
                  aduate+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+e
                  ducation+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&
                  c=6&s=185&.sig=ZmtJ9eV8jDgLVf_rQitp3g
                  > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                  t=ms&k=Secondary+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Gr
                  aduate+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+e
                  ducation+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&
                  c=6&s=185&.sig=ZmtJ9eV8jDgLVf_rQitp3g>>

                  t=ms&k=Graduate+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Gra
                  duate+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+ed
                  ucation+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c
                  =6&s=185&.sig=_ar44lA2aVf7qUVJT2dfbA
                  > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                  t=ms&k=Graduate+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Gra
                  duate+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+ed
                  ucation+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c
                  =6&s=185&.sig=_ar44lA2aVf7qUVJT2dfbA>>

                  t=ms&k=Home+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Graduat
                  e+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+educat
                  ion+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c=6&s
                  =185&.sig=igfV0UPAcfSvC6KUmUYY6w
                  > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                  t=ms&k=Home+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Graduat
                  e+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+educat
                  ion+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c=6&s
                  =185&.sig=igfV0UPAcfSvC6KUmUYY6w>>

                  t=ms&k=Graduate+school+education+online&w1=Secondary+school+education
                  &w2=Graduate+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+sc
                  hool+education+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+educ
                  ation&c=6&s=185&.sig=OHt1qK6J19R35_4ff-oJHg
                  > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                  t=ms&k=Graduate+school+education+online&w1=Secondary+school+education
                  &w2=Graduate+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+sc
                  hool+education+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+educ
                  ation&c=6&s=185&.sig=OHt1qK6J19R35_4ff-oJHg>>

                  t=ms&k=High+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Graduat
                  e+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+educat
                  ion+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c=6&s
                  =185&.sig=BV3EOkp5uIRJ0eqRAZQNcw
                  > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                  t=ms&k=High+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Graduat
                  e+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+educat
                  ion+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c=6&s
                  =185&.sig=BV3EOkp5uIRJ0eqRAZQNcw>>

                  t=ms&k=Chicago+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Grad
                  uate+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+edu
                  cation+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c=
                  6&s=185&.sig=pesFSb8HMcPS2_oNEoEwuw
                  > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                  t=ms&k=Chicago+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Grad
                  uate+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+edu
                  cation+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c=
                  6&s=185&.sig=pesFSb8HMcPS2_oNEoEwuw>>

                  > > > email to:

                  > > > Yahoo! Terms of

                  -------

                  > > > --

                  subject=Unsubscribe>

                  of

                  -------

                  > --

                • SML
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 28, 2006
                    Jeanne,

                    Thanks for your reply.  It sound like we're on the same page.  I feel the need to show the sequence to the assessors because all the activities, not just the three featured, are important and work together.  I find that I am re-explaining though.  For example, one of my featured activities includes classification, my process skill, so I have semi-explained it in my instructional sequence, again for the process skills and then in detail for the featured activity page.  Each description has a different focus, but I feel like I have been redundant. Any thought?  Anyone?  Has anyone else had this problem?

                    As you can see, I am wordy as well.  I think I'm going to need a serious editor/slasher.  I have to cut two pages!!! Yikes!

                    Cheers,
                    Sue

                    ...who has a flat butt from sitting all day at her computer. ;-)

                    eliotmom2 wrote:
> [...]
                    =185&.sig=BV3EOkp5uIRJ0eqRAZQNcw
                    > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=High+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Graduat
                    e+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+educat
                    ion+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c=6&s
                    =185&.sig=BV3EOkp5uIRJ0eqRAZQNcw>>

                    t=ms&k=Chicago+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Grad
                    uate+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+edu
                    cation+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c=
                    6&s=185&.sig=pesFSb8HMcPS2_oNEoEwuw
                    > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Chicago+school+education&w1=Secondary+school+education&w2=Grad
                    uate+school+education&w3=Home+school+education&w4=Graduate+school+edu
                    cation+online&w5=High+school+education&w6=Chicago+school+education&c=

                    subject=Unsubscribe>

                    --
                  • Greg Corder
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 28, 2006
                      I put it after my 6 pgs of instructional
                      materials.....the assessors can ignore it if they
                      choose, but as part of the instructional materials, it
                      is w/in the limits.....

                      greg

                      === message truncated ===

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Greg Corder
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 28, 2006
                        I just finished my entry 3 and would really appriciate
                        any input.....anyone out there willing to help?

                        thanks

                        greg

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • Peg Brody
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 28, 2006
                          Re: [EASCI] Re: entry 1 reading I can ready it for you.  I received my boards in 2002.
                          Peggy Brody