RE: [EASCI] Digest Number 55

  • Sybil F. Landreth
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 25 6:25 AM
      Hi!

      Several of us are using colored paper - one color per entry and the matching
      pocket folders. I asked NBPTS about folders with brads but they never
      directly answered my question. They like to be vague and avoid clarity. I am
      pretty disgusted with them.
      Sybil

      ===== Original Message From EASCI@egroups.com =====
      >I like the index cards idea. Another teacher suggested having different
      colored folders for each area, with typed sheets outlining each topic. But
      index cards could be rearranged as needed.

    • Don Deresz
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 25 11:59 AM
        I too, saw that Iowa Assessment "help" site. You have confirmed my
        suspicions that somebody there goofed as their EA items certainly don't
        reflect the EA Science NB assessment exercises that I experienced last year.
        What they have at that site is not a help but a curve ball.

        Don Deresz

> [...]
        >
        > Next screen fill in the fields they ask for. Login ID should be
        your
        > candidate number. You can select your own password.
        >
        > You should get a screen telling you that your account has been
        > successfully created. Now select "Go to home page".
        >
        > You can access five times with one name. After that you have to
        > enter a new name.
        >

        > Anthony Cody
        > For Lesson Ideas and News from Oakland, visit
        > Cody's Science Education Zone at
        > http://ousd.k12.ca.us/~codypren/CSEZ_Home.htm

        > Message: 4
        > Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:27:05 EDT
        > From: v1945@...
        > Subject: Re: Suggestions for AC?
        >
        > Thank you for suggestions!! They sound on right track. I better start
        soon!
        > Vicki Kraner
        > EASCI candidate 2000 (WISHFUL THINKING!)

      • Tom Burkett
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 25 12:20 PM
          I logged on to the Iowa site, got a password OK, but nothing would come up
          when I attempted to link to the practice test or any of the other links on
          that page. Any suggestions? ('Though maybe I don't want to go there
          anyway . . .)

          Tom Burkett
        • sybil landreth
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 25 3:07 PM
            Don Deresz wrote:

            > I too, saw that Iowa Assessment "help" site. You have confirmed my
            > suspicions that somebody there goofed as their EA items certainly don't
            > reflect the EA Science NB assessment exercises that I experienced last year.
            > What they have at that site is not a help but a curve ball.
            >
            > Don Deresz

            Any suggestions without compromising.........?
            Just tell me the sorts of things I need to compile to take to the
            center. Do I need formulas, several lesson plans that show patterns in
            the 3 branches, a list of misconceptions - ???????????? Please don't
            say the standards. I assessed last summer. There is a whole lot more to
            the process than that set of standards!!!!!! Thanks for any direction
            you can provide.

            Sybil