your opinion on entry 3

  • Greg Corder
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2006
      Can anyone give me an opinion on something.......

      I taped and wrote up entry 3......it is a good writeup, but I have
      concerns for the video......the video was at 8 am and the kids are not
      very active......I do ALOT of probing and questioning.....the kids
      never interact with each other, though......I've been strongly
      encouraged that the kids MUST interact during the taped lessons

      should I do another lesson w/ another group?

      greg
    • Pam George
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2006
        Greg,
        YES...redo it it! I am retaking entry 3 this year because I did not score well on it. I believe it is do to several factors and one of those is not having enough student interaction going on in the lesson.

        Pam

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2006
          Re: [EASCI] your opinion on entry 3 To encourage student interaction, ask the class to spend 5 minutes discussing in their groups a question you want them to think about.  Have the camera focused on one group and in the peripheral,  walk around and listen to discussions and ask more questions.
          Peggy