Re: [EASCI] Books that help!

  • stipko@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2005
      <<I need to read more
      about probing students and talking through the analysis of data; not
      just reading a graph and grading their work.>>

      I need to do the same. I also have to redo my 2 video entries. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

      Stephanie in FL

      > From: "eliotmom2" <eliotmom2@...>
      > Date: 2005/11/21 Mon PM 02:05:53 EST
      > To: EASCI@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [EASCI] Books that help!

    • Jeanne Elliott
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 21, 2005
        Stephanie, it sounds as though we are in the same boat.  Maybe we can try to collaborate on  ideas.  What do you teach?  I teach 7th grade life science and 8th grade earth science.  I would like to do more inquiries using a descrepant events that require a quantitative change versus having the students watch for a qualitative change.  I don't know really.  These are my initial thoughts.
        Jeanne

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 23, 2005
          At that time I was going thru the NBCT process, yes I found that book
          most helpful to me at the time.

          (the science teacher)

        • stipko@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 28, 2005
            Hi Jeanne,

            I teach 7th grade general science ( we cover some life, physical and earth). I am still not sure what exactly I will do my 2 entries on. I have decided to get to work on it after the holidays. I also want it to mesh in my curriculum map and I really don't have the luxury of moving things around within my curricukum b/c our principal has us an a strict schedule. So I must adhere to that. I am looking for 2 new/better mentors for this year's attempt.

            Stephanie in FL