Re: Re: [EASCI] my entries

  • twins2@bright.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2005
      Thank you so much for the advice!  I will keep you in my prayers when scores come out Friday!

      twins2@... wrote:
      I am a third timer, waiting patiently (yea right) for scores. Given that I may not the BEST person to affer advice but here goes.
      VIDEO-I received a 4.0 on a videa that represented my worse class that particular year, a lot of behavior issues, loud, disrespectful students as well as those that were meek given the abuse they took from their peers. AND the topic was booorrring-the rock cycle!

      It was the write-up that made that entry.

      Sounds like you are doing a lot of creative things with your classes, just stay focused on what impact it has on your students. Does everything you do positively impact the learning your students receive? Ask yourself.....so what? So what if there is a webquest, d! id the students learn because of it? My mentor must have asked those questions of me 5000 times last year.
      Stay focues, you can do it. It's a journey and whether you reach your destination in one year, three or not at all, I promise you will be a better teacher for beginning the journey.
      Feel free to contact me at the below address anytime.
      Susie Skinner
      RULH Middle School
      skinners@...
      From: "ladonnamangum" <ladonnamangum@...>
      > Date: Tue Nov 15, 5:29 PM
      > To: EASCI@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [EASCI] my entries

      Sorry for the two posts in one day but I thought of some more
      questions after I submitted the last post.
      #1. My entry 1 is a two week entry on Energy.  The student work I plan
      on submitting is a writing in science assignment in which they
      describe all the forms of energy that are used when they sit down to
      eat a hot meal, a lab on potential energy, and a webquest on the use
      of alternative energy sources.  Do these sound acceptable?
      #2.  My entry 2 is going to be on the solar system.  I thought I would
      have the students do a lab on the cause of the seasons, with a
      webquest built in there somewhere. Obviously I have not planned this
      one as well as the other two.
      #3.  My entry 3 is going to be an introduction to populations.  I
      thought I would start out with a simple debate called "Take a Stand".
      This activity requires students to defend their beliefs on certain
      population issues, such as hunting, the environment vs. jobs, limited
      amount of children a person can have, and other "hot" topics.  I
      thought this would be a good segway into the unit and would get the
      students really thinking about their beliefs.

      " Life is tough. It's tougher if your stupid."

    • Jeanne Elliott
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2005
        Twins2, I agree.  I too have grown double fold.  I just need to grow some more.

        From: "ladonnamangum" <ladonnamangum@...>