To Greg

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2005
      I have not assessed videos. But if you need some pointers as
      yourself this:
      1. When you look at your video what do YOU see and understand?
      A. Did your points come across in the video?
      2. I am aware of this, if what you wrote about isn't indicated in
      the video, you will have problems.
      3. Do you know the video camera enough to zoom in and advise the
      person taping how to do it?
      4. Is your PZM in the right direction?? I practiced in my room one
      day alone. I wrote items on the board in various sizes and made a
      transparency for the overhead. Then I went back to the room and
      took the camera and zoomed in and panned the room. Later, I even had
      another teacher go to the board and read what I wrote as though they
      were the teacher and I was filming. I reviewd the taping.
      5. I would also hand carry the pzm mic to different places in the
      room while I went and help other students. By that I mean if a
      group a students were in a good discussion, then I place the mic
      there for a while.
      6. I only made ONE tape recording for each entry of each hour and
      chose the best ones( 5 classes - 5 tapes). I only had 2 practices
      tape sessesion per entry for the entire season and let the studenst
      see themselves.
      Hope that helps.
    • Greg Corder
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2005