Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 52

  • Mary Jo Kohunsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18 4:36 AM
      My copy of "Tageting Students' Science Misconceptions" has a 1996 copyright. It has a red cover, and is published by the Idea Factory. Maybe the one with a different number of pages is an earlier printing.

      I am interested in getting publication info on "Science Up to Standards." Anything you can add will help me locate the book here in Missouri.

      Benchmarks and Sci for All Americans are books that I downloaded from the PRoject 2061 site. You can go there and see if it is useful at your grade level. I plan to use both to help me in the content areas.

      I am also trying to get a copy of Society and Science, which was offered by Dale Seymour publications. I ordered it but they said it was on back order and they don't know when I will get it. If any of you have other ideas about how to get this, I'd appreciate it.
      I teach 9th grade, but I know the AC is for lower ages also, so I need all levels of info.

      Thanks for posting.
      Mary Jo in MO

      >>> <EASCI@egroups.com> 04/18/00 05:29 AM >>>
      Whatever you want, chances are you'll find it at one of the hundreds
      of sites in The PointClick Network--like Disney.com, eCost.com,
      FogDog.com and many more. You get paid as you shop and an additional
      10% off any purchase, anytime.
      http://click.egroups.com/1/2994/0/_/527038/_/956053727/

      There are 3 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Assessmant Center Question
      From: "Sybil Landreth" <landreth@...>
      2. Re: Getting Ready for the AC
      From: "Yvette Laughlin" <teacher@...>
      3. Re: Digest Number 49
      From: "Yvette Laughlin" <teaher@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:00:53 -0000
      From: "Sybil Landreth" <landreth@...>
      Subject: Assessmant Center Question

      Help!!!!! I'm new to this group. Please give me more info on the
      misconceptions book for physical science that you found. I did find
      a neat book - Science Up To Standards - which has a lot of neat
      lesson plans that follow the NSTA guidelines. I go to the assesment
      center June 13th. Any help will be appreciated!!!!!!!!!

      Sybil

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:11:31 -0500
      From: "Yvette Laughlin" <teacher@...>
      Subject: Re: Getting Ready for the AC

      Hi. I found a book entitled "Targeting Students' Science Misconceptions:
      Physical Science Concepts Using the Conceptual change Model", but it is
      listed for grades 9 - 12. It also have only 232 pages instead of 246 pages.
      Is the book you are referring to a different one, maybe for middle school
      students?
      thanks,
      Yvette

      Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:16:09 -0500
      From: "Yvette Laughlin" <teacher@...>
      Subject: Re: Digest Number 49

      Does thi book "The AAAS book Science for All Americans and Benchmarks for
      Science
      >Literacy" help with misconceptions?
      Thanks,
      Yvette