about your scores

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 20, 2005
      Assessor will not know your scores
    • Cinnamon
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 20, 2005

        The science teacher wrote....
        Assessor will not know your scores

        I know....but the waiting, the waiting, the waiting.......... I am on tenterhooks!
        Anybody else out there anxious to get their scores?

         Since I took the test which must not be named (or discussed per pain of death) I have just been constantly reflecting on what I could have done differently on it and on my portfolio...as the day gets closer I feel like a little girl who thinks she might get coal in her stocking this Christmas. I can't help peeking in my stocking, even though I know Christmas is still almost a month away.

        What was the pass rate? Do assessors know that? Was it especially high or low? Did you happen to see an entry with macroinvertebrates in Entry 1? Hahira

        Thanks,
        Cinnamon in NC
      • suesippel@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 20, 2005
          i am so anxious i can not stand it.  i know what you mean about reanalyzing what you could have done better... on the assessment test i froze... anyways, i wanna peek in that stocking too!!!  it is almost time to be checking that site every day with compulsion!   until then, positive thinking!
        • Don Deresz
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 21, 2005
            Greetings, Cinnanom.

            Not to be discouraging, but the original passing rate for EA/Science back in 1999 or 2000 was about 30%; the "least" when compared to all of the other certification areas.  However, please take an attitude that this is a three year process and you may need to "bank" the points you earned and re-take one or two Entry areas to achieve NB status.  Nevertheless, good luck.

            Best Regards,
            Don Deresz
            Miami

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 21, 2005
              Cinnamon, I am like you waiting very impatiently.  When people ask me about it, I want to yell that I don't know and I will let them know only if I want to.  I too am reflecting.  Everything I read I think if could I use it if something must be redone.  I don't want to redo anything but I know the reality is I probably will.  I check the website oftenn to find out when scores will be released.  Let me know if you hear anything.
              Jeanne
              Louisiana candidate impatiently waiting to be a retake candidate or a BOARD CERTIFIED SCIENCE TEACHER

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
                help!!
                I need some advice on what to study to prepare for the assessment center exercise on Science, Technology and Society.  This is my last chance.  Is anyone out there who can help???
                PW

                thescienceteacher <sciquest2000@...> wrote:
                Assessor will not know your scores

                Yahoo! Personals

                Yahoo! Shopping

              • Phillip Wooley
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
                  Hi, I am on my third try at certification with a 271.  Last year just 4 days prior to mailing, a student sat a huge bar magnet on my computer, I lost all of my documented accomplishments and had to re-write from memory.  Needless to say, I still came up short.  A "2.2" would have put me over the top-I scored a "2".  My last chance is to retake either assessment center excercise #4,5, or 6.  I think I will probably go with #6-Science, technology and society.  Does anyone have any suggetions as to what I should concentrate on?  I just need some general ideas as to what to study.  I would appreciate any help I could get.
                  Thanks,
                  Phillip

                  thescienceteacher <sciquest2000@...> wrote:
                  Assessor will not know your scores

                  Secondary school educationGraduate school educationHome school education
                  Graduate school education onlineHigh school educationChicago school education

                  Yahoo! Personals

                  Yahoo! Personals