RE: [EASCI] Re: NBC assessors

  • Cinnamon
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
          AAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK......

      I really want my scores!

      Cinnamon in NC
      -----Original Message-----
      From: EASCI@yahoogroups.com [mailto:EASCI@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of thescienceteacher
      Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:22 PM
      To: EASCI@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [EASCI] Re: NBC assessors

      Well, assessors aren't really suppose to discuss what goes on during
      the time of assessment.  All I can say is go ahead and ask the
      questions.  I am sure that someone will help you out.  It's been too
      quiet in here lately.  Wonder what's been going on?><

      the science teacher
      --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Corder" <cordergw@y...> wrote:

      > Who are NBC assessors on this group?  I have some particular
      questions.

      > Greg
      >
      > ps, thank you for helping us on this stuff!

    • Greg Corder
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 21, 2005
        My question for assessors .......what advice do you
        have about video taping that isn't covered in the NBC
        manuals?......are there some technical issues that I
        may want to be particularly concerned?.......when I
        setup my camera, it is difficult to see the students'
        expressions.....

        greg

        --- thescienceteacher <sciquest2000@...> wrote:

        > Well, assessors aren't really suppose to discuss
        > what goes on during
        > the time of assessment. All I can say is go ahead
        > and ask the
        > questions. I am sure that someone will help you
        > out. It's been too
        > quiet in here lately. Wonder what's been going
        > on?><
        >
        > the science teacher
        > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Corder"
        > <cordergw@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Who are NBC assessors on this group? I have some
        > particular
        > questions.
        > >
        > > Greg
        > >
        > > ps, thank you for helping us on this stuff!

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • tsunamiscience
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 22, 2005
          In 2002-2003,I went to workshop where assessors spoke in generalities.
          He said that they sit in front of a TV with headphones on. They read
          the entry, watch the video, and re-read the entry. They put a tally
          mark every time they see/hear something that meets one of the
          standards. The example he used was "knowledge of student". "I ask my
          ESL student simple questions to practice is English skills" Remember
          they are not expecting network news videography. They are expecting to
          hear the students clearly. They are expecting that you follow the
          directions. They don't care if the microphone is literally passed
          between students. They do care if they cannot hear the children.
          Remember, they are teachers also. They take this task very seriously
          and try to eke out every point possible for you Madge in FL EA/Sci 2003
        • Greg Corder
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 23, 2005
            thanks!

            http://farechase.yahoo.com