NBC assessors

  • Greg Corder
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2005
      Who are NBC assessors on this group? I have some particular questions.

      Greg

      ps, thank you for helping us on this stuff!
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
        Well, assessors aren't really suppose to discuss what goes on during
        the time of assessment. All I can say is go ahead and ask the
        questions. I am sure that someone will help you out. It's been too
        quiet in here lately. Wonder what's been going on?><

        the science teacher
        --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Corder" <cordergw@y...> wrote:

        > Who are NBC assessors on this group? I have some particular
        questions.

        > Greg
        >
        > ps, thank you for helping us on this stuff!

      • Cinnamon
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
              AAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK......

          I really want my scores!

          Cinnamon in NC

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 21, 2005
            My question for assessors .......what advice do you
            have about video taping that isn't covered in the NBC
            manuals?......are there some technical issues that I
            may want to be particularly concerned?.......when I
            setup my camera, it is difficult to see the students'
            expressions.....

            greg

            --- thescienceteacher <sciquest2000@...> wrote:

            > Well, assessors aren't really suppose to discuss
            > what goes on during
            > the time of assessment. All I can say is go ahead
            > and ask the
            > questions. I am sure that someone will help you
            > out. It's been too
            > quiet in here lately. Wonder what's been going
            > on?><
            >
            > the science teacher
            > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Corder"
            > <cordergw@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Who are NBC assessors on this group? I have some
            > particular
            > questions.
            > >
            > > Greg
            > >
            > > ps, thank you for helping us on this stuff!

            __________________________________
            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • tsunamiscience
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 22, 2005
              In 2002-2003,I went to workshop where assessors spoke in generalities.
              He said that they sit in front of a TV with headphones on. They read
              the entry, watch the video, and re-read the entry. They put a tally
              mark every time they see/hear something that meets one of the
              standards. The example he used was "knowledge of student". "I ask my
              ESL student simple questions to practice is English skills" Remember
              they are not expecting network news videography. They are expecting to
              hear the students clearly. They are expecting that you follow the
              directions. They don't care if the microphone is literally passed
              between students. They do care if they cannot hear the children.
              Remember, they are teachers also. They take this task very seriously
              and try to eke out every point possible for you Madge in FL EA/Sci 2003
            • Greg Corder
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 23, 2005
                thanks!

                http://farechase.yahoo.com