Re: seeking Entry 1 feedbk also

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2005
      Entry 1--- I must say was the last entry I did. I was pressed for time
      to get it in. I was cautious about using testing data in MY situation
      because I knew that I HAD show student work and technology at some
      point. Therefore, I DID NOT include my pre-assessment activity. I
      did however talk about it in my writing and noted improvements in
      student learning based the student product. I was also pressed for the
      number of pages and had to decide what was more important. MAKE sure
      that you READ the questions on your COVER SHEETS!!! They you ask to
      decribe the activity. If you decide you feel you can use testing data
      pre or post, then make sure you can clearly answer the questions on the
      cover sheets. If you will refer to your instructions, it says to choose
      your assessment strategy wisely. You can formally or informally assess
      students. ( I did give an oral assessment to a student and submitted
      the results. I had student sign and date it. I blocked out his last
      naname.) But this was not I had--- students make a mini-book as their
      final product and had to use a rubric.
      Also, use of a discrepant event can be pre-assessment as well (an
      inquiry approach). This can demonstrate misconceptions which you can
      build upon to show learning. Also remember the unit( at least mine)
      had to be anywhere from 2-10 weeks.

      the scienceteacher NBCT 2004