Re: seeking Entry 1 feedbk also

  • tsunamiscience
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2005
      Hmmm --- I think I would just allude to them, but the three entries
      need to show the progression of learning and what you did to
      encourage that learning. Re-read the directions, but I think you
      want some kind of student work, not just answers to a quiz.
      Madge

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2005
        Entry 1--- I must say was the last entry I did. I was pressed for time
        to get it in. I was cautious about using testing data in MY situation
        because I knew that I HAD show student work and technology at some
        point. Therefore, I DID NOT include my pre-assessment activity. I
        did however talk about it in my writing and noted improvements in
        student learning based the student product. I was also pressed for the
        number of pages and had to decide what was more important. MAKE sure
        that you READ the questions on your COVER SHEETS!!! They you ask to
        decribe the activity. If you decide you feel you can use testing data
        pre or post, then make sure you can clearly answer the questions on the
        cover sheets. If you will refer to your instructions, it says to choose
        your assessment strategy wisely. You can formally or informally assess
        students. ( I did give an oral assessment to a student and submitted
        the results. I had student sign and date it. I blocked out his last
        naname.) But this was not I had--- students make a mini-book as their
        final product and had to use a rubric.
        Also, use of a discrepant event can be pre-assessment as well (an
        inquiry approach). This can demonstrate misconceptions which you can
        build upon to show learning. Also remember the unit( at least mine)
        had to be anywhere from 2-10 weeks.

        the scienceteacher NBCT 2004