Re: Ideas for entry one

  • byrdscience
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21, 2005
      --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, forkeyiv@a... wrote:
      > Thanks for the feedback.. What I was thinking about was after the
      > introduction of experimental design terms. IV. Dv, etc.... the
      students would then
      > practice experimental scenarios in which they would indenty the key
      elements and
      > apply them to their scenarios.. Then the students would collect and
      analyze
      > data, using the CBL2 and the graphing calucltor( technology
      piece). Then as a
      > final activity, the students would design and carry out their own
      > experiement, applying the terms and data collection used and be
      able to analyze their
      > own data to determine if their hypothesis was met... Your thoughts?

      My advice to you is to read and re-read your directions many times.
      Underline key words and phrases in the directions. Then read and re-
      read your NBPTS Standards. What do the Standards ask you to do? You
      must satisfy the Standards. You must have Clear-Consistent-Convincing
      teaching. Do something that you are very familiar and comfortable with
      and be sure that you have very different lessons selected for each
      entry. If you have not gotten a copy of Pathways, I would strongly
      encourage you to do so. It breaks down the National Science Standards
      into ways that you will find VERY useful for your entries and
      especially for studying for the written test.

      Best wishes and congratulations on this exciting adventure,
      Nancy, NBCT, 2003
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 21, 2005
        Sounds more like Entry 3( Analyzing Data) if I recall. But I guess you
        could use it. You're the BEST person to make this decision however.