web quest

  • arholder2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2005
      Hello,

      Good luck to those of you beginning the process. I certified in 2004,
      so I know what you are going through, Just remember "anything worth
      having is worth working for". Enough soap box....I really did have a
      question. Does anyone out there use web quests? If so what is it and
      how do you use it? Did you develop your own? Are you willing to share?

      Thanks!!!

      Annette
    • Cinnamon
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2005
        Webquests are a series of questions, instructions or research objectives that guide students though a particular web site, series of websites, or on a search for accurate information using the web as their resource. There are many good webquests already published on the internet. One thing to keep in mind is that URL's can become dead, or change. So if you make a webquest today using the URL's children should click on, then make sure that all of the links are still active before you go pull it out for the next year's class.

        UCLA at Berkeley has some great all-inclusive webquests. http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/education/explotime.html

        Good luck,kids usually enjoy them.
        Cinnamon in NC