Re: Digest Number 486

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2005
      I never said that was proposing to "change" THIS web site. Where did
      you get that information from? The web site I have as nothing to
      with EASCI here. My website is just resource web site for the NBCT
      EA Science process not a list-serve and can not function on level of
      a list-serve. And it is not intended to take the place of EASCI.
      Maybe you should visit it first and take look at and see before you
      jump to conclusions.
      As far as this list-serv is concerned I have supported this list-
      serve in my state and informed other EASCI potential candidates of
      it's value to the NBCT process.
      I have also tried to contact the owner of this site previously but
      no avail.

      Eleonore Dennis

      > I note that you are not a Moderator or Owner of the EA/Science
      Yahoo group
      > site that has been in existence for over 5 years.
      >
      > Personally, I don't quite know what to think about what appears to
      be your
      > solicitation for another website. I am a little offended by the
      manner that
      > you have chosen to advertise "your" website. Maybe you should have
      > considered changing your isp provider if you are having
      difficulties with
      > them.
      >
      > I wouldn't have a problem if you wanted to advertise your website
      on this
      > vehicle as a supplement to the NB process, but you are proposing
      to "change"
      > the present Yahoo group website that has served a very satisfactory
      purpose.
      > Maybe, your choice of words and description was unclear?
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Don Deresz
      > NBCT EA/Science

      __

      __

      > > Message: 1
      > > Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:28:55 -0000
      > > From: "thescienceteacher" <sciquest2000@y...>
      > > Subject: Change in EAscience support web site
      > >
      > > I was having problems updating web site information using my
      current
      > > isp provider. I changed the web site of EAScience to the
      > > following....http://www.geocities.com/sciquest2000/eascience.html.
      > > If you would like to pass this on to others...great!! I hope
      that it
      > > becomes helpful to new candidates. If any of you know of any
      other web
      > > sites that are useful... pass it on to me. I would like to
      contact
      > > them for permission to use them as links.
      > >

      > > Your truly,
      > >
      > > Eleonore Dennis NBCT 2004
      > > (the science teacher)
      > > BTW: If any of you were familiar with WizzleWolf,her NBCT
      support site
      > > is no longer current. She is no longer going to update or
      support it.
      > > However, she has designed a few pages to writing tips. You can
      visit
      > > either my site for the link or book mark this link--
      > > http://www.wizzlewolf.com/writing.html#NB.

      __

      __

      > > Message: 2
      > > Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:38:21 -0000
      > > From: "thescienceteacher" <sciquest2000@y...>
      > > Subject: Two More Days---till scoring!!
      > >
      > > It is 2 more days and it's off to scoring I go!! Monday is the
      big day
      > > as I head to OKC for the first time to score portfolios. I am
      excited
      > > about reading other teacher's carreer experiences. I hope this
      > > becomes a positive event for me because I would like to do this
      every
      > > year if I get accepted yearly for the position. After 3 weeks of
      this
      > > I hope I don't go cross-eyed (LOL)...
      > >

      > > Eleonore Dennis NBCT 2004
      > > http://www.geocities.com/sciquest2000/eascience.html

      __

      __

      > > Message: 3
      > > Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:02:15 EDT
      > > From: suesippel@a...
      > > Subject: Re: Two More Days---till scoring!!
      > >
      > > have a blast scoring! good luck! let us know how you think the
      process
      > > from that end went!
      > >

      > > [This message contained attachments]

      __

      ------

    • Cinnamon
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2005
        Mr. Deresz,

        I have found "the science teacher" very helpful as I completed National Boards this year.  She has been very supportive and active on this group. In the past year I have been a member of this board, I have not ever seen your name. I didn't feel she was trying to take anything away from this site and I know everyone could use all of the help they can get during this process. I also feel that your post was rather rude and could have been handled in a personal email to her as opposed to one sent to the entire group.

        Sincerely,
        Cinnamon in NC
      • Greg Corder
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 12, 2005
          thank you for putting these resources together....they are
          appriciated by those of us working on NBC

          greg

          --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "thescienceteacher" <sciquest2000@y...>

        • Don Deresz
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 13, 2005
            Greetings, Ms. Dennins.

            I got that information straight from you.  To quote your own words - which are below in its entirety for all to see as posted in your June 11th message:  "I changed the web site of EAScience to the following..."  Also, please note the subject heading of that post: "Change in EAscience support web site"
            Anyway, this is a non-productive excercise for me that helps to assure that we are not being drawn to a "bogus" website.  Thank you for your description and clarification.

            Have a pleasant summer,
            Don Deresz
            I never said that was proposing to "change" THIS web site.  Where did
            you get that information from?  The web site I have as nothing to
            with EASCI here.  My website is just resource web site for the NBCT
            EA Science process not a list-serve and can not function on level of
            a list-serve.  And it is not intended to take the place of EASCI.
            Maybe you should visit it first and take look at and see before you
            jump to conclusions.
            As far as this list-serv is concerned I have supported this list-
            serve in my state and informed other EASCI potential candidates of
            it's value to the NBCT process.
               I have also tried to contact the owner of this site previously but
            no avail.

            Eleonore Dennis

            > I note that you are not a Moderator or Owner of the EA/Science
            Yahoo group
            > site that has been in existence for over 5 years.
            >
            > Personally, I don't quite know what to think about what appears to
            be your
            > solicitation for another website.  I am a little offended by the
            manner that
            > you have chosen to advertise "your" website.  Maybe you should have
            > considered changing your isp provider if you are having
            difficulties with
            > them.
            >
            > I wouldn't have a problem if you wanted to advertise your website
            on this
            > vehicle as a supplement to the NB process, but you are proposing
            to "change"
            > the present Yahoo group website that has served a very satisfactory
            purpose.
            > Maybe, your choice of words and description was unclear?
            >
            > Sincerely,
            > Don Deresz
            > NBCT EA/Science

            __

            __

            > > Message: 1
            > >   Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:28:55 -0000
            > >   From: "thescienceteacher" <sciquest2000@y...>
            > > Subject: Change in EAscience support web site
            > >
            > > I was having problems updating web site information using my
            current
            > > isp provider.  I changed the web site of EAScience to the
            > > following....http://www.geocities.com/sciquest2000/eascience.html.
            > >  If you would like to pass this on to others...great!!  I hope
            that it
            > > becomes helpful to new candidates.  If any of you know of any
            other web
            > > sites that are useful... pass it on to me.  I would like to
            contact
            > > them for permission to use them as links.
            > >

            > > Your truly,
            > >
            > > Eleonore Dennis NBCT 2004
            > > (the science teacher)
            > > BTW:  If any of you were familiar with WizzleWolf,her NBCT
            support site
            > > is no longer current.  She is no longer going to update or
            support it.
            > > However, she has designed a few pages to writing tips.  You can
            visit
            > > either my site for the link or book mark this link--
            > > http://www.wizzlewolf.com/writing.html#NB.

            __

            __

            > > Message: 2
            > >   Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:38:21 -0000
            > >   From: "thescienceteacher" <sciquest2000@y...>
            > > Subject: Two More Days---till scoring!!
            > >
            > > It is 2 more days and it's off to scoring I go!! Monday is the
            big day
            > > as I head to OKC for the first time to score portfolios.  I am
            excited
            > > about reading other teacher's carreer experiences.  I  hope this
            > > becomes a positive event for me because I would like to do this
            every
            > > year if I get accepted yearly for the position.  After 3 weeks of
            this
            > > I hope I don't go cross-eyed (LOL)...
            > >

            > > Eleonore Dennis NBCT 2004
            > > http://www.geocities.com/sciquest2000/eascience.html

            __

            __

            > > Message: 3
            > >   Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:02:15 EDT
            > >   From: suesippel@a...
            > > Subject: Re: Two More Days---till scoring!!
            > >
            > > have a blast scoring!  good luck!  let us know how you think the
            process
            > > from that end went!
            > >

            > > [This message contained attachments]

            __

            ------

          • Don Deresz
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 13, 2005
              Greetings, Ms. Cinnamon in NC

              (I'd send you a personal reply, but you didn't leave your name or e-mail address.)  The reason that I sent my msg. to the entire groups was meant as an "alert."  I have literally witnessed people soliciting money for some bogus cause on NBCT list-serve and message board sites.

              I hope this helps to clarify the situation.  I wasn't rude as I didn't insult anyone, but I displayed the evidence as I read it and purposefully terse.

              Have A Pleasant Summer,
              Don Deresz
              "Ducky in FL"