Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 486

  • Don Deresz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2005
      Dear Ms. Dennis of Oklahoma,

      I note that you are not a Moderator or Owner of the EA/Science Yahoo group
      site that has been in existence for over 5 years.

      Personally, I don't quite know what to think about what appears to be your
      solicitation for another website. I am a little offended by the manner that
      you have chosen to advertise "your" website. Maybe you should have
      considered changing your isp provider if you are having difficulties with
      them.

      I wouldn't have a problem if you wanted to advertise your website on this
      vehicle as a supplement to the NB process, but you are proposing to "change"
      the present Yahoo group website that has served a very satisfactory purpose.
      Maybe, your choice of words and description was unclear?

      Sincerely,
      Don Deresz
      NBCT EA/Science

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2005
        I never said that was proposing to "change" THIS web site. Where did
        you get that information from? The web site I have as nothing to
        with EASCI here. My website is just resource web site for the NBCT
        EA Science process not a list-serve and can not function on level of
        a list-serve. And it is not intended to take the place of EASCI.
        Maybe you should visit it first and take look at and see before you
        jump to conclusions.
        As far as this list-serv is concerned I have supported this list-
        serve in my state and informed other EASCI potential candidates of
        it's value to the NBCT process.
        I have also tried to contact the owner of this site previously but
        no avail.

        Eleonore Dennis

        > I note that you are not a Moderator or Owner of the EA/Science
        Yahoo group
        > site that has been in existence for over 5 years.
        >
        > Personally, I don't quite know what to think about what appears to
        be your
        > solicitation for another website. I am a little offended by the
        manner that
        > you have chosen to advertise "your" website. Maybe you should have
        > considered changing your isp provider if you are having
        difficulties with
        > them.
        >
        > I wouldn't have a problem if you wanted to advertise your website
        on this
        > vehicle as a supplement to the NB process, but you are proposing
        to "change"
        > the present Yahoo group website that has served a very satisfactory
        purpose.
        > Maybe, your choice of words and description was unclear?
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Don Deresz
        > NBCT EA/Science

        __

        __

        > > Message: 1
        > > Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:28:55 -0000
        > > From: "thescienceteacher" <sciquest2000@y...>
        > > Subject: Change in EAscience support web site
        > >
        > > I was having problems updating web site information using my
        current
        > > isp provider. I changed the web site of EAScience to the
        > > following....http://www.geocities.com/sciquest2000/eascience.html.
        > > If you would like to pass this on to others...great!! I hope
        that it
        > > becomes helpful to new candidates. If any of you know of any
        other web
        > > sites that are useful... pass it on to me. I would like to
        contact
        > > them for permission to use them as links.
        > >

        > > Your truly,
        > >
        > > Eleonore Dennis NBCT 2004
        > > (the science teacher)
        > > BTW: If any of you were familiar with WizzleWolf,her NBCT
        support site
        > > is no longer current. She is no longer going to update or
        support it.
        > > However, she has designed a few pages to writing tips. You can
        visit
        > > either my site for the link or book mark this link--
        > > http://www.wizzlewolf.com/writing.html#NB.

        __

        __

        > > Message: 2
        > > Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:38:21 -0000
        > > From: "thescienceteacher" <sciquest2000@y...>
        > > Subject: Two More Days---till scoring!!
        > >
        > > It is 2 more days and it's off to scoring I go!! Monday is the
        big day
        > > as I head to OKC for the first time to score portfolios. I am
        excited
        > > about reading other teacher's carreer experiences. I hope this
        > > becomes a positive event for me because I would like to do this
        every
        > > year if I get accepted yearly for the position. After 3 weeks of
        this
        > > I hope I don't go cross-eyed (LOL)...
        > >

        > > Eleonore Dennis NBCT 2004
        > > http://www.geocities.com/sciquest2000/eascience.html

        __

        __

        > > Message: 3
        > > Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:02:15 EDT
        > > From: suesippel@a...
        > > Subject: Re: Two More Days---till scoring!!
        > >
        > > have a blast scoring! good luck! let us know how you think the
        process
        > > from that end went!
        > >

        > > [This message contained attachments]

        __

        ------

      • Cinnamon
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 12, 2005
          Mr. Deresz,

          I have found "the science teacher" very helpful as I completed National Boards this year.  She has been very supportive and active on this group. In the past year I have been a member of this board, I have not ever seen your name. I didn't feel she was trying to take anything away from this site and I know everyone could use all of the help they can get during this process. I also feel that your post was rather rude and could have been handled in a personal email to her as opposed to one sent to the entire group.

          Sincerely,
          Cinnamon in NC
        • Greg Corder
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 12, 2005
            thank you for putting these resources together....they are
            appriciated by those of us working on NBC

            greg

            --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "thescienceteacher" <sciquest2000@y...>

          • Don Deresz
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 13, 2005
              Greetings, Ms. Dennins.

              I got that information straight from you.  To quote your own words - which are below in its entirety for all to see as posted in your June 11th message:  "I changed the web site of EAScience to the following..."  Also, please note the subject heading of that post: "Change in EAscience support web site"
              Anyway, this is a non-productive excercise for me that helps to assure that we are not being drawn to a "bogus" website.  Thank you for your description and clarification.

              Have a pleasant summer,
              Don Deresz
              I never said that was proposing to "change" THIS web site.  Where did
              you get that information from?  The web site I have as nothing to
              with EASCI here.  My website is just resource web site for the NBCT
              EA Science process not a list-serve and can not function on level of
              a list-serve.  And it is not intended to take the place of EASCI.
              Maybe you should visit it first and take look at and see before you
              jump to conclusions.
              As far as this list-serv is concerned I have supported this list-
              serve in my state and informed other EASCI potential candidates of
              it's value to the NBCT process.
                 I have also tried to contact the owner of this site previously but
              no avail.

              Eleonore Dennis

              > I note that you are not a Moderator or Owner of the EA/Science
              Yahoo group
              > site that has been in existence for over 5 years.
              >
              > Personally, I don't quite know what to think about what appears to
              be your
              > solicitation for another website.  I am a little offended by the
              manner that
              > you have chosen to advertise "your" website.  Maybe you should have
              > considered changing your isp provider if you are having
              difficulties with
              > them.
              >
              > I wouldn't have a problem if you wanted to advertise your website
              on this
              > vehicle as a supplement to the NB process, but you are proposing
              to "change"
              > the present Yahoo group website that has served a very satisfactory
              purpose.
              > Maybe, your choice of words and description was unclear?
              >
              > Sincerely,
              > Don Deresz
              > NBCT EA/Science

              __

              __

              > > Message: 1
              > >   Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:28:55 -0000
              > >   From: "thescienceteacher" <sciquest2000@y...>
              > > Subject: Change in EAscience support web site
              > >
              > > I was having problems updating web site information using my
              current
              > > isp provider.  I changed the web site of EAScience to the
              > > following....http://www.geocities.com/sciquest2000/eascience.html.
              > >  If you would like to pass this on to others...great!!  I hope
              that it
              > > becomes helpful to new candidates.  If any of you know of any
              other web
              > > sites that are useful... pass it on to me.  I would like to
              contact
              > > them for permission to use them as links.
              > >

              > > Your truly,
              > >
              > > Eleonore Dennis NBCT 2004
              > > (the science teacher)
              > > BTW:  If any of you were familiar with WizzleWolf,her NBCT
              support site
              > > is no longer current.  She is no longer going to update or
              support it.
              > > However, she has designed a few pages to writing tips.  You can
              visit
              > > either my site for the link or book mark this link--
              > > http://www.wizzlewolf.com/writing.html#NB.

              __

              __

              > > Message: 2
              > >   Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:38:21 -0000
              > >   From: "thescienceteacher" <sciquest2000@y...>
              > > Subject: Two More Days---till scoring!!
              > >
              > > It is 2 more days and it's off to scoring I go!! Monday is the
              big day
              > > as I head to OKC for the first time to score portfolios.  I am
              excited
              > > about reading other teacher's carreer experiences.  I  hope this
              > > becomes a positive event for me because I would like to do this
              every
              > > year if I get accepted yearly for the position.  After 3 weeks of
              this
              > > I hope I don't go cross-eyed (LOL)...
              > >

              > > Eleonore Dennis NBCT 2004
              > > http://www.geocities.com/sciquest2000/eascience.html

              __

              __

              > > Message: 3
              > >   Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:02:15 EDT
              > >   From: suesippel@a...
              > > Subject: Re: Two More Days---till scoring!!
              > >
              > > have a blast scoring!  good luck!  let us know how you think the
              process
              > > from that end went!
              > >

              > > [This message contained attachments]

              __

              ------

            • Don Deresz
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 13, 2005
                Greetings, Ms. Cinnamon in NC

                (I'd send you a personal reply, but you didn't leave your name or e-mail address.)  The reason that I sent my msg. to the entire groups was meant as an "alert."  I have literally witnessed people soliciting money for some bogus cause on NBCT list-serve and message board sites.

                I hope this helps to clarify the situation.  I wasn't rude as I didn't insult anyone, but I displayed the evidence as I read it and purposefully terse.

                Have A Pleasant Summer,
                Don Deresz
                "Ducky in FL"