      From: EASCI@onelist.com
      To: EASCI@onelist.com
      Sent: 12/1/99 5:43 AM
      Subject: [EASCI] Digest Number 20

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in today's digest:

      1. Anyone out there?
      From: canderson@...

      _______

      Message: 1
      Date: 1 Dec 1999 01:16:08 -0000
      From: canderson@...
      Subject: Anyone out there?

      Hi,
      I just found out about this list serve. It would have been a
      big help last
      year when I was going through the EA/Science experience. It would have
      been
      nice to talke to someone. I managed to go through the process alone,
      but I
      would not recommend it to anyone. It is much better if you have someone
      bounce ideas off of and to help you clarify the rules. I am from
      Wisconsin
      and to date there have been only 10 people certified. I am the first
      one in
      science.
      I can tell you that last year the success rate for EA/Science
      certification
      was less than 39%. I think that was because the certificate area was
      new.
      Hopefully they will make some modifications so that the process will be
      better
      for those in the next year. If there is anyone out there who would like
      correspond, or who would like some help with the certification, please
      let me
      know. I am not an expert by any means, but if I can help so that
      someone else
      doesn't have to work in isolation, I would be glad to be of assistance.
      Good Luck!

      Also, for those who were on this list serve last year - How did
      you do? Do
      you have any pointers for those who are out there now that you have your
      scores.
      Sincerely,
      Catherine Anderson NBCT-EA/Science '99

      _______