Groupon -- Ethiopian Diamond

  • jillbedadaniels
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2010
      So excited to see a groupon for our favorite restaurant!

      http://www.groupon.com/deals/ethiopian-diamond-restaurant?c=dnb&p=3

      Jill Daniels
    • abbyawaiting
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2010
        Oh ya, I bought 3!

        Jen

        --- In EAKC@yahoogroups.com, "jillbedadaniels" <jill.daniels@...> wrote:

        > So excited to see a groupon for our favorite restaurant!
        >
        > http://www.groupon.com/deals/ethiopian-diamond-restaurant?c=dnb&p=3
        >
        > Jill Daniels

      • hilary geyer
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
          I'm bummed that I missed it. I didn't realize that the coupons only last for a day. Oh well, at least we're having our Holiday Party at the Ethiopian Diamond, and that will be a good deal.

          Hilary

          > So excited to see a groupon for our favorite restaurant!
          >
          > http://www.groupon.com/deals/ethiopian-diamond-restaurant?c=dnb&p=3
          >
          > Jill Daniels

        • Carol Deely
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
            Hi Hilary
            Sorry I haven't posted Jan. Party yet but I'm getting a new computer. I met with M'aza yesterday and we switched ECAC party to Saturday Dec 18 3:00-6:00. I will update and add all as soon as I have my new computer.

            Have a nice day!

            Carol

          • megansnyder@mchsi.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
              does anyone have the invitation for the christmas party? i think i accidentally deleted it. if you do will you post it again please. thanks :)

              -megan snyder
              megansnyder@...
              www.snyderadopt.blogspot.com

              I'm bummed that I missed it. I didn't realize that the coupons only last for a day. Oh well, at least we're having our Holiday Party at the Ethiopian Diamond, and that will be a good deal.

              Hilary

              > So excited to see a groupon for our favorite restaurant!
              >
              > http://www.groupon.com/deals/ethiopian-diamond-restaurant?c=dnb&p=3
              >
              > Jill Daniels

            • hilary geyer
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
                Someone asked for the info for the Ethiopian-American Holiday Party, so here it is. I'll also send out reminders in December when I have more info on price.

                ETHIOPIAN-AMERICAN

                HOLIDAY PARTY

                FOR THE

                ADOPTION COMMUNITY

                (Families who have adopted from Ethiopia, Waiting Families, Families who are considering adopting from Ethiopia, and Ethiopians who now live in the Chicago area)

                SATURDAY

                JANUARY 8th

                2011

                3:00-5:30PM

                AT

                ETHIOPIAN DIAMOND RESTAURANT

                6120 N. BROADWAY ST, CHICAGO, IL

                • DINNER:

                  FIXED MENU OF VEGETARIAN & MEET DISHES &

                NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

                PRICE AND MENU TBD

                (CHILDREN UNDER 10 EAT FREE)

                • DESSERT:

                  EACH FAMILY SHOULD BRING A DESSERT TO SHARE

                • ENTERTAINMENT:

                  ETHIOPIAN MUSIC AND DANCING

                  Performances and Guest Participation

                • CRAFT CORNER:

                  CRAFTS AND COLORING FOR THE CHILDREN

                  AND

                  POSSIBLY A CRAFT SALE (Please Inquire if interested)

                THIS WILL BE A CASH ONLY EVENT

                RSVP: hilarygeyer@...

                In the hopes of getting a head count, please respond as early as possible.

                I'm bummed that I missed it. I didn't realize that the coupons only last for a day. Oh well, at least we're having our Holiday Party at the Ethiopian Diamond, and that will be a good deal.

                Hilary

                > So excited to see a groupon for our favorite restaurant!
                >
                > http://www.groupon.com/deals/ethiopian-diamond-restaurant?c=dnb&p=3
                >
                > Jill Daniels

              • Mary Anne Young
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
                  Adkjfhdfkaeuhrfrka

                  Mary Anne Young
                  Development Manager
                  Chicago Community Development Corp
                  36 S. Wabash, Suite 1310
                  Chicago, Il 60603
                  (312) 422-7700
                  (312) 422-0708 fax
                  (773) 426-5759 cell

                  On Nov 3, 2010, at 3:28 PM, hilary geyer <hilarygeyer@...> wrote:

                  Someone asked for the info for the Ethiopian-American Holiday Party, so here it is. I'll also send out reminders in December when I have more info on price.

                  ETHIOPIAN-AMERICAN

                  HOLIDAY PARTY

                  FOR THE

                  ADOPTION COMMUNITY

                  (Families who have adopted from Ethiopia, Waiting Families, Families who are considering adopting from Ethiopia, and Ethiopians who now live in the Chicago area)

                  SATURDAY

                  JANUARY 8th

                  2011

                  3:00-5:30PM

                  AT

                  ETHIOPIAN DIAMOND RESTAURANT

                  6120 N. BROADWAY ST, CHICAGO, IL

                  • DINNER:

                    FIXED MENU OF VEGETARIAN & MEET DISHES &

                  NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

                  PRICE AND MENU TBD

                  (CHILDREN UNDER 10 EAT FREE)

                  • DESSERT:

                    EACH FAMILY SHOULD BRING A DESSERT TO SHARE

                  • ENTERTAINMENT:

                    ETHIOPIAN MUSIC AND DANCING

                    Performances and Guest Participation

                  • CRAFT CORNER:

                    CRAFTS AND COLORING FOR THE CHILDREN

                    AND

                    POSSIBLY A CRAFT SALE (Please Inquire if interested)

                  THIS WILL BE A CASH ONLY EVENT

                  RSVP: hilarygeyer@...

                  In the hopes of getting a head count, please respond as early as possible.

                  I'm bummed that I missed it. I didn't realize that the coupons only last for a day. Oh well, at least we're having our Holiday Party at the Ethiopian Diamond, and that will be a good deal.

                  Hilary

                  > So excited to see a groupon for our favorite restaurant!
                  >
                  > http://www.groupon.com/deals/ethiopian-diamond-restaurant?c=dnb&p=3
                  >
                  > Jill Daniels

                • hilary geyer
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2010
                    Hello,
                    That's fine about not posting. I've had a great deal of responses for the party so far. I won't be able to make the one in December because we're going out of town for a couple of weeks. I hope that the Ethiopian Community Center doesn't feel like we're competing against them by throwing another holiday party. I really hoped that they could be a part of the January event since the December event they were planning had a difficut day/time for many of the families that live far. However, now that you've switched it to Saturday, it should be easier for a lot of people to attend. And who knows, if we get too many people for the January event, we may have to move over to the ECC and have the Diamond food catered.

                    Best,

                  • megansnyder@mchsi.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 4, 2010
                      there is a family of 2 adults and 5 children under 10 that are tentatively coming to the party in january. so i don't understand...what is the party in december? who is having it? i feel very out of the loop

                      thanks- megan snyder
                      dte 11/4/10

                    • megansnyder@mchsi.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 5, 2010
                        received a confirmation of 4 more attending january christmas party.

                        thanks - megan snyder
                        dte 11/4/10