Save the Date-Ethiopian Sports Federation of NA Soccer Tournament

  • Carol Deely
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2009
      tonight I ran into a lovely Ethiopian woman that has been at several of our events and she reminded me of the HUGE Ethiopian Soccer tournament coming to Chicago this summer. I checked the website www.esfna.net and found a few details. EAKC will indeed plan a meet up for the opening ceremonies or a match or two. Hope to see you there!

      We are very happy to announce that the CIty of Chicago ' Obamaland ' has been selected to host our 26th Annual Tournament from June 28 to July 4, 2009 making Chicago the first Mid-West city to host our Tournament. Lane Tech High School on Chicago's north side will host. More details to follow.

      From the President of ESFNA:
      It is a distinct privilege to be able to greet you on behalf of the Ethiopian Sport Federation in North America (ESFNA). It gives me great pleasure and honor to invite you to the celebration of our 26th anniversary of ESFNA in the beautiful city of Chicago.
      This year's celebration is special because the city of Chicago is the first Mid-Western city to host ESFNA's annual event. Chicago is also the home of the great leader who has brought so much excitement and hope to the world, the 44th president of the United States of America. Understanding the uniqueness of this year's festival, the Ethiopian community in Chicago along with the Organizing Committee is working hard to make Chicago 2009 the most successful event yet. I am grateful for the wonderful cooperation we have received from the Chicago Ethiopian community throughout this process.