Cheer On Elite Ethiopian Runners and EAKC Members - Chgo Marathon

  • Carol Deely
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2008
      Please join us this Sunday, October 12 at Mile 18.5-Taylor/May Street
      (near St. Ignatius High School)as we cheer on Bezunesh Bekele and
      Worknesh Tola and celebrate a great day in the city. We will also be
      cheering on some of our own EAKC members. Bring your Ethiopian Flags!
      9AM. FREE. See www.chicagomarathon.com for parking or public
      transportation options. Contact Bridget@... so we can
      look for you!
    • Carol Deely
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2008
        It was a beautiful day for the Chicago Marathon! A small contingent of
        flag waving EAKC members met to watch Bezunesh Bekele of Ethiopia
        finish a disappointing 7th (2:32:41.) This after winning the two
        previous years. The ECAC was out in full force at another viewing
        location cheering on all three of the top female Ethiopian runners.

        Our own EAKC members, Tim Lenning and Ted Wollnick, running for Team
        World Vision "26.2 for Africa-Running for a Reason" raised several
        thousand dollars for this organization that does great relief work in
        Africa. They looked great all throughout the race and shaved several
        minutes off of their previous times.

        A few race day photos are posted in this forum photo section!

        Carol Deely and Bridget Grady-Couture