SCCC Training Race #3 - April 7

  • Morgan Andriulli
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 9:13 PM

      Join us here in Huntsville for the final Training Race on April 7 on our new course in New Hope Alabama .  It is a beautiful and selective course that we are evaluating as the new Road Race at the SCCC Summer Races an Omnium in July.  We want to see a good turnout to see how well this course will work.  Race it and let us know what you think.

      This new route is a great venue to check your fitness without the cost or pressure of traveling to and competing in a huge, aggressive “money” race.  That’s not a bad deal for only $10!

      Registration starts at noon at New Hope High School ( 5216 Main Drive , New Hope , AL ) and racing begins at 1 PM.

      Course Description: 13 mile loop with a couple of large rolling hills. One technical turn.

      Cat A – Category 1, 2 and 3 (39 mi.)

      Cat B – Category 4 and 5 (26 mi.)

      Information and registration:  http://www.springcity.org/race/

      Directions to New Hope High School ( 5216 Main Drive , New Hope , AL ) :

      From the intersection of Governor's Drive and Memorial Parkway , drive south on Governor's Drive (Hwy 431) for 17.2 miles. When you see the Piggly Wiggly on 431, take the next left at the traffic light onto Main Drive . There is no street sign, but there are two or three gas stations.  New Hope High School  is 1.5 miles on the right.

      http://maps. google.com/ maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=Intersection+ of+Hwy+231+ and+Hwy+431+ Huntsville, +AL+35801&daddr=5216+Main+ Dr,+New+Hope, +AL+35760&mrcr=0&sll=34.73329, -86.573296&sspn=0.066446, 0.11261&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1

      Morgan Andriulli

      Vice President, Spring City Cycling Club

      Board of Directors, Alabama Bicycle Coalition

      256 536-7190

      256 541-1095 (cell)

      morganandriulli@...

      Huntsville , AL