BoD comments post-Pennsic

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2006
      From the BoD, via Dame Eleanor (Society Chirurgeon):

      The Board of Directors reviewed the first aid issues that arose
      at Pennsic 35. As a result of the detailed and thorough
      investigations conducted by the event staff, chirurgeons, and
      seneschals, the board decided to set up a committee to review the
      recommendations provided to develop improved policies and processes
      relative to providing first aid at the large, interkingdom events.
      The Society Seneschal and the Society Chirurgeon will be refining
      event first aid management, guidance and policies.

      More as it is available.
      TSivia
    • Streonwold Wulfesbana (mka Steve Benetti)
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2006
        A distinctly unsatisfying response. No data on why the fewmets hit
        the rotary distribution device? Did any Chirurgeons actually do
        anything wrong? "... develop improved policies and processes
        relative to providing first aid..." kind of implies that the
        Chirurgeonate was at fault in some way.

        I know that this has been discussed 'ad nauseum' on the Knowne World
        Chirurgeons List, but I still haven't seen anything that indicates the
        Pennsic Mayor was right.

        --- In E-Chir@yahoogroups.com, "TSivia" <tsivia@...> wrote:

        > From the BoD, via Dame Eleanor (Society Chirurgeon):
        >
        > The Board of Directors reviewed the first aid issues that arose
        > at Pennsic 35. As a result of the detailed and thorough
        > investigations conducted by the event staff, chirurgeons, and
        > seneschals, the board decided to set up a committee to review the
        > recommendations provided to develop improved policies and processes
        > relative to providing first aid at the large, interkingdom events.
        > The Society Seneschal and the Society Chirurgeon will be refining
        > event first aid management, guidance and policies.
        >
        > More as it is available.
        > TSivia

      • S. Rabinovitch
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 24, 2006
          I suspect more will come out after Dame Eleanor gets some sleep and can sift
          through what *is* public and what the BoD did in camera which must stay "in
          the camera" <WEG>.

          I have to this date, not been told of anything we actually DID wrong. Some
          things may have APPEARED wrong given partial, or 2nd hand, information...

          Streonwold Wulfesbana (mka Steve Benetti)
          Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:36 PM
          To: E-Chir@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [E-Chir] Re: BoD comments post-Pennsic