RE:CIC needed for Feast of the Bear

  • S. Rabinovitch
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
      Glad to see how quickly Bear got a CIC (Thanks Kaellyn!).

      With such a crop of you attending <wish I was going too, but between work
      and other issues, it's just the wrong weekend!>, any chance you folks might
      want to meet and just get to recognize faces? I for one, have never met
      Giovanni, for instance.

      MIght be nice to get to know each other. You'll have some of our best "old
      hands" at that event with Kaellyn, Streonwald, and Seonag all there too.

      I will probably be at Day of the Troubadours, and will definitely be at both
      Feast of the Hare and Kingdom A&S.

      TSivia
    • Jeff MaGee
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006
        I'm going to try my best to be there, but I can't act as a Chirurgeon until
        I can get my certs renewed and get my membership renewed - damn me and my
        forgetfulness.

        Half of that problem can be dealt with pretty quickly, the other half I'll
        have to go see about this week! With any luck I'll be there and be having
        an injury free time ('cause the last thing I want is to have to wear the hat
        of shame - and I hear that Kaellyn is extra 'nice' to us Chirurgeons who
        hurt ourselves at events).

        See y'all there!

        - Lorcan Lotharsson

        Experience Live Search from your PC or mobile device today.
        http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca
      • KIM MCAULEY
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006
          If  extra 'nice' means pointing and laughing, then yes, I am extra 'nice'. Especially to you, Lorcan. After all, that is what they do to me when I manage to hurt myself. And for you we'll find a thong of shame to replace the hat.

          Speaking of hurting myself, I had an update on my recent gall bladder surgery. After 2 weeks of recovery, being careful to follow the post operative instructions that were given at the hospital, I thought I was just being a wuss about the pain in one of my incisions. Turns out they neglected to mention that my gall bladder was so inflamed and the stone was so big that they couldn't get it out through the standard laproscopic incisions. So they had to cut muscle. And do stitches inside.

          So I really was actually hurting myself and not being a whiney baby about it ::grins:: Good thing I got annoyed and actually got in touch with the surgeon and asked.

          Moral of the story is to push for answers if things just aren't right.

          Kaellyn

          I'm going to try my best to be there, but I can't act as a Chirurgeon until
          I can get my certs renewed and get my membership renewed - damn me and my
          forgetfulness.

          Half of that problem can be dealt with pretty quickly, the other half I'll
          have to go see about this week!  With any luck I'll be there and be having
          an injury free time ('cause the last thing I want is to have to wear the hat
          of shame - and I hear that Kaellyn is extra 'nice' to us Chirurgeons who
          hurt ourselves at events).

          See y'all there!

          - Lorcan Lotharsson

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:E-Chir-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:E-Chir-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • S. Rabinovitch
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006

            If  extra 'nice' means pointing and laughing, then yes, I am extra 'nice'. Especially to you, Lorcan. After all, that is what they do to me when I manage to hurt myself. And for you we'll find a thong of shame to replace the hat.

            You know, I'd pay good money to see that <ROFL>!!

            Speaking of hurting myself, I had an update on my recent gall bladder surgery. After 2 weeks of recovery, being careful to follow the post operative instructions that were given at the hospital, I thought I was just being a wuss about the pain in one of my incisions. Turns out they neglected to mention that my gall bladder was so inflamed and the stone was so big that they couldn't get it out through the standard laproscopic incisions. So they had to cut muscle. And do stitches inside.
            [S. Rabinovitch] OUCH!!!  NIce of them to tell you that. <Grrr>

            Glad to hear things are healing up tho!