RE: [E-Chir] CiC needed

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2006
      There's a trial period for becoming warrented in the SCA, which is why none of the people in
      Eoforwic can do it yet. We certainly don't mind having more chirurgeons around though! :)
      Medb

      --- J Corso <jcorso@...> wrote:

      > I am hoping(providing I get a ride) to go but I am also newer to the
      > Chirurgeon ranks - I am a registered nurse in RL and I would be willing to
      > do the job but not sure if ready by society standards. I'll leave the offer
      > out there...
      > Giovanni

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Streonwold Wulfesbana (mka Steve Benetti)
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 17, 2006
        Seonag and I will also be there, and we always have a F/A kit handy.
        Plus, we're both warranted, so we can monitor apprentices (or
        Chirurgeons in Training, or whatever we're calling them this month).

        That's the best way to get your folk warranted, BTW - have one be
        ACTUAL CIC, with a CIC of record to monitor (and sign the reports).
        Have the others do any required F/A, with Warranted Chirurgeons to
        monitor them.

        It's not really a trial period, it's a SCA Specific Training period.
        No amount of mundane nursing, doctoring, EMT-ing will prepare one for
        removing armour without destroying it. I believe that T'Sivia is not
        one to put undue obstacles in the way of warranting a new Chirurgeon.