RE: [E-Chir] CiC needed

  • J Corso
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2006
      I am hoping(providing I get a ride) to go but I am also newer to the
      Chirurgeon ranks - I am a registered nurse in RL and I would be willing to
      do the job but not sure if ready by society standards. I'll leave the offer
      out there...
      Giovanni

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 17, 2006
        There's a trial period for becoming warrented in the SCA, which is why none of the people in
        Eoforwic can do it yet. We certainly don't mind having more chirurgeons around though! :)
        Medb

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 17, 2006
          That would be wonderful! :>
          Thanks!
          Medb

          --- KIM MCAULEY <viscountessk@...> wrote:

          > I will be at Feast of the Bear, I'd be happy to help.
          >
          > Kaellyn

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Streonwold Wulfesbana (mka Steve Benetti)
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 17, 2006
            Seonag and I will also be there, and we always have a F/A kit handy.
            Plus, we're both warranted, so we can monitor apprentices (or
            Chirurgeons in Training, or whatever we're calling them this month).

            That's the best way to get your folk warranted, BTW - have one be
            ACTUAL CIC, with a CIC of record to monitor (and sign the reports).
            Have the others do any required F/A, with Warranted Chirurgeons to
            monitor them.

            It's not really a trial period, it's a SCA Specific Training period.
            No amount of mundane nursing, doctoring, EMT-ing will prepare one for
            removing armour without destroying it. I believe that T'Sivia is not
            one to put undue obstacles in the way of warranting a new Chirurgeon.