holes in bags

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
      whilst this is a good idea in theory, it does not actually provide you or your patient with true infection or barrier control. Airborne infection control requires a one way valve. A hole in a bag also cannot guarentee either droplet or solid materials moving between individuals. I wouldn`t recommended it because I doubt it would be supported as an appropriate (legal) first aid tool.

      The Heart and Stroke Foundation is actually promoting no ventilation CPR because of the number of trained people who would refrain from doing AR on someone they don`t know, even with the use of a barrier device.

      Just food for thought.

      Bethoc

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
        *snip* Airborne infection control requires a one way valve. *snip*

        really that should be one way valve with a TB or microbe filter....

        Bethoc