Re: [E-Chir] scenario question

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2010
      I like the scenarios.  I wonder if you fed the story in chunks, if people could respond to one chunk and let someone else respond to a second chunk?  If I respond first, I feel like I'm hogging the game.

      Eyrny

      On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Ninka <dyscordant_rose@...> wrote:

      Hey everyone,

      Now that winter is coming closer (Yay!), is there an interest in me restarting the online scenarios? I realize that the last one I sent out had little response and I realize that was probably due to how busy the season was becoming at that time.

      Thoughts?

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
        I only check email every few days.

        Yes, the scenarios are very good for many reasons.

        For one it keeps us talking about what we do, keeping a stronger sense of community for the chirurgeons.

        it also of course helps us keep ontop of our skills.

        As emergency responders we hopefully rarely use our skills but need to be in good shape when those rare moments happen.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
          --- In E-Chir@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...> wrote:

          > I like the scenarios. I wonder if you fed the story in chunks, if people
          > could respond to one chunk and let someone else respond to a second chunk?
          > If I respond first, I feel like I'm hogging the game.
          >
          > Eyrny

          One thing I do when the scenario come out is goto yahoo groups and view the scenario message by itself. I read it and work up my reply.

          Only after I reply to I read other people's response.

          It is afterall a jumble who messages in first. I try to treat it like a pop quiz. I do try to respond fairly quickly as a result. Its part of the mind set of getting a rapid response to a crisis. (then check I did a decent job and see what others did differently)

          Brian